Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Head Coach Candidates to Replace Kiffin

If briles keeps spencer and the defense intact its a no brainer. 
Back to the top

The other positive for Briles is you will have him for a long time. He is not leaving for an Ole miss type job i can assure you. 
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

The other positive for Briles is you will have him for a long time. He is not leaving for an Ole miss type job i can assure you. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 5:57 PM #391850

He left to be Houston’s OC
Back to the top

Different time in his career. Trust me he wants this to be home. 
Back to the top

What about Major Applewhite? Young, has the Alabama ties, decent record as head coach, offensive minded, etc.
Back to the top

Coaching hires are starting to roll in:

Arkansas: Georgia OL coach Sam Pittman

Mizzouri: Eliah Drinkwitz from App State

USF: Clemson OC Jeff Scott

I'd hope FAU's search will wrap up quickly as well.
Back to the top

Wow - can you imagine how Arkansas feels going from thinking they would have headlines with Lane to taking the O-line coach from UGA???  I am sure the guys is a very good coach, but that is a serious change in direction. 

As for App State’s coach, talk about walking into a ready-made 10+ win situation in Boone and parlaying that into an SEC job after a single season as a head coach!!!  That cupboard was full based on what Satterfield left there.  Out of the blue, but somebody like Dwayne Ledford might be looked at in Boone (former O-line coach there and current O-line and OC at Louisville). 
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Wow - can you imagine how Arkansas feels going from thinking they would have headlines with Lane to taking the O-line coach from UGA???  I am sure the guys is a very good coach, but that is a serious change in direction. 

As for App State’s coach, talk about walking into a ready-made 10+ win situation in Boone and parlaying that into an SEC job after a single season as a head coach!!!  That cupboard was full based on what Satterfield left there.  Out of the blue, but somebody like Dwayne Ledford might be looked at in Boone (former O-line coach there and current O-line and OC at Louisville). 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 10:27 PM #391874

Good for arkansas they came on our board celebrating and coming at our fanbase about a coach they didn’t even get. To top it off they lost to western kentucky this year. I have the same concerns about norvell. Was memphis good because of norvell or were they good because Fuente left it in a turnkey situation
Back to the top

Norvell seems proven - I believe he has won more games at Memphis than Fuente did.  Sure he was setup for success, but he proved it over several seasons.  This was the first season ever that Drinkwitz had been a head man.  And he is stepping into the SEC with one year HC experience. 
Back to the top

sigep77 said

1OwlFLATL said

sigep77 said

Jack D Whidden III said

FootballScoop is reporting that FAU and Ole Miss are just two of the options on the table for former FSU OC Kendal Briles.

It's reported that Briles is Lane Kiffin's first choice OC, allowing for the two to reunite after their stellar 2017 campaign.

FS is reporting that a return to Boca Raton is definitely on the table as the FAU cycles through their options to find a new head coach. It's probably safe to say that Kendal Briles only HC offer could be from FAU, when or even if FAU even decides to make that offer.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:31 PM #391807
I wonder what Rich Rod’s buyout at Ole Miss is.

https://es.pn/2LGCo0O
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:35 PM #391808
Rich rod getting fired if he at ole miss. Why would we need to buy him out?
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 1:28 PM #391813
We wouldn’t, Ole Miss would if Lane hires Briles. He has a three year contract. Read the link I posted.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 1:40 PM #391815
man, Rich would be a good snag for us…. we have the athletes to make the WV situation replay down here….. If he was willing to listen,  I'd make the hard sell

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: