Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart Introductory Press Conference

I wasn’t suggesting I would do that - I am saying it is universal coaches do that kind of thing.  I personally hope we keep Spencer and we fill whatever coaching holes we have with the best recruiters we can find.

But if Taggart has to put his stamp on the staff, it better be for guys like Briles and Leavitt and not for some other dudes who are just personal favors.  Willie is coaching for redemption, too.  And that is a powerful thing that is in our favor. 
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I wasn’t suggesting I would do that - I am saying it is universal coaches do that kind of thing.  I personally hope we keep Spencer and we fill whatever coaching holes we have with the best recruiters we can find.

But if Taggart has to put his stamp on the staff, it better be for guys like Briles and Leavitt and not for some other dudes who are just personal favors.  Willie is coaching for redemption, too.  And that is a powerful thing that is in our favor. 
Posted On: Dec 12th 2019, 8:23 PM #392248

Haven't posters in a long time. Post on warchant under this name too

Have experience with FSU ans fau both.  Longtime fan.  Went to fau

Anyways this hire is a crapshoot.  And we will know the direction right away

If Willie starts bringing his buddies who can't coach. David Kelly , donte pimpleton, Raymond woodie etc then we are in trouble

If he actually hires real coaches and most importantly retains Glenn Spencer , then maybe he learned something

That and actually coaching instead of the dancing and non football crap like the backpack for turnovers please

Jimbo torpedoed the FSU program but Willie launched a few more torpedos into it.   Let's just hope he learned many lessons.   Staff will give a preview of that
Back to the top

If all you know about Taggart is the FSU I wouldn’t criticize him although I may be the minority. Jimbo left bc he couldn’t win a national championship at FSU anymore, they’ve fallen behind Schools like Alabama, Clemson, osu, LSU etc in just about everything. If you can’t see that you’re a blind FSU fan. Is it Taggart’s fault jumbo went 7-6 his last year and left
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

If all you know about Taggart is the FSU I wouldn’t criticize him although I may be the minority. Jimbo left bc he couldn’t win a national championship at FSU anymore, they’ve fallen behind Schools like Alabama, Clemson, osu, LSU etc in just about everything. If you can’t see that you’re a blind FSU fan. Is it Taggart’s fault jumbo went 7-6 his last year and left
Posted On: Dec 12th 2019, 9:42 PM #392251

Yeah ok buddy ..

How's Jimbo doing at a&m?  Had a lot more to do with him torpedoing FSU then bailing for a huge money offer     he killed FSU in the classroom. That's on him.   

I've seen taggarts whole career.  All the stuff I said is valid.   Sorry if you can't accept it.  It's what he did at FSU.   But maybe you're a blind homer and don't want to hear it (going by your rationale )
Back to the top

Jimbo nuked FSU’s program it’s going to be a while before they are contending for the ACC title again. Willie has a proven track record at G5 schools and had USF in the cusp of a NY6 bid his last yr there. No reason to think he can’t replicate something similar to that here. FSU is dumpster fire good luck to Norvell but I give him 2 years tops
Back to the top

FSU's final ranking Jimbo's last 3 years was 14, 8, and unranked. That's a program trending downwards
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 wasn’t suggesting FSU wasn’t in a spiral when Taggart came in - he is just saying he wasn’t on the right track to turn things around.  And what he and I are saying about the coaching staff are similar.  If the choices made are more personal than professional, we have to pray that it will be ok at the G5 level.  If the goal is to truly go beyond “just winning conference championships” then he needs to have a really good staff.

So the choices will be somewhat telling.
Back to the top

Coach TAGGART, if you want to make your life easier; keep SPENCER.
Back to the top

I’d like him to keep Spencer, but I also want him to pick who he thinks is the best fit in HIS staff. With a lot of players showing support for Spencer it could create an awkward working environment if Taggart isn’t 100% on him. Spencer was phenomenal last year, but that team will be different than next years team. 
Back to the top

OwlBadger said

I’d like him to keep Spencer, but I also want him to pick who he thinks is the best fit in HIS staff. With a lot of players showing support for Spencer it could create an awkward working environment if Taggart isn’t 100% on him. Spencer was phenomenal last year, but that team will be different than next years team. 
Posted On: Dec 13th 2019, 12:49 AM #392257

Exactly.

A lot of fans and players wanted to keep Brian Wright after 2013, so admin pushed Partridge to keep him.  They didn’t work well together and he was fired 2 years later. 

They can’t force something to happen because it makes fans and players unhappy.
Back to the top
Control functions: