Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart Set for First Big Recruiting Weekend as Head Coach of FAU Football

Add topic

Newly named head FAU head football coach Willie Taggart (pictured) has little time to settle in and get to know his current football team.

He must also forge a relationship with the Owls' prospects who have provided their pledge to become members of the 2020 recruiting class.

With the early National Signing Day period starting December 18th, Taggart will have to convince a number of official visitors this weekend that FAU is still the place for them despite the change of head coach and other possible staff changes in the coming weeks.

He's already gone in home for one prospect, and will present the program as honorably, and achieved as it is.

''I won't sell them anything else other than the truth, I will meet with every last one of them", Taggart said about his strategy to retain the prospect's confidence and interest in staying put.   

As it stands, FAU will host seven of their current ten verbal commits this weekend in hopes of keeping them on board.

"We want young men that want to be at FAU", said Taggart. "We'll try to keep the guys that are committed and add players of great character."

While most verbal commits have told FAUOwlsnest.com that they are still locked in, FAU's staff will still have some work to do.

The Owls' current quarterback commit Anthony Romph, "opened his recruitment" Wednesday night. Romph remains committed to FAU but decided to keep his options open due to the uncertainty of the future of the FAU staff.

Lone running back commit Frank Gore Jr. also remains committed to the Owls but took an official visit to C-USA rival Southern Miss last weekend and will have suitors if he decides to go in another direction.

FAU will also be hosting a number of uncommitted prospects, such as three-star defensive linemen Jaden Hardy, who the Owls will have to beat out the likes of both Auburn and UCLA for his services.

Stay locked into FAUOwlsnest.com for full recruiting coverage as we move closer to the early signing period, and national signing day.
Back to the top

I pray the "talk" of heavily recruiting the Miami Metro area works but I also pray we recruit regionally!. Al you have to do is look at this years team to see why this is so important.

Out of State HS recruits starting of course with the Mackey Award winner and 1st team All American Harrison Bryant from Middle Georgia. Also from Georgia are Keke Leroy, Cordel Littlejohn, Xavier Roberts and Daniel Laconte! Ray Ellis form New Jersey; Zyon Gilbert, Marquice Robinson, Javion Posey  and Larry McCammon from Alabama.

I know this is only 10 players but some real important pieces for this season and the future are Out of State HS recruits!

Not to mention the now many quality JUO and transfer players we have.

South Florida is a tough place to recruit as now DOIZENS and DOZENS of schools come down here and poach S. FL talent as Willie did at WKU, in fact WKU  beat us with "our" own players, meaning Florida recruits they out recruited us for then! And it is only much tougher now!!!

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I pray the "talk" of heavily recruiting the Miami Metro area works but I also pray we recruit regionally!. Al you have to do is look at this years team to see why this is so important.

Out of State HS recruits starting of course with the Mackey Award winner and 1st team All American Harrison Bryant from Middle Georgia. Also from Georgia are Keke Leroy, Cordel Littlejohn, Xavier Roberts and Daniel Laconte! Ray Ellis form New Jersey; Zyon Gilbert, Marquice Robinson, Javion Posey  and Larry McCammon from Alabama.

I know this is only 10 players but some real important pieces for this season and the future are Out of State HS recruits!

Not to mention the now many quality JUO and transfer players we have.

South Florida is a tough place to recruit as now DOIZENS and DOZENS of schools come down here and poach S. FL talent as Willie did at WKU, in fact WKU  beat us with "our" own players, meaning Florida recruits they out recruited us for then! And it is only much tougher now!!!

Posted On: Dec 14th 2019, 9:51 AM #392274

I hope, in REAL life, that you are praying about things that are far more important than college football recruiting 
Back to the top

FAU football recruiting is the only thing that really matters ;)
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

FAU football recruiting is the only thing that really matters ;)
Posted On: Dec 14th 2019, 2:56 PM #392279

Well, not really jgf but it is important for FAU football :Big-Grin: . I fear we go back to the S. FL bargain basement leftovers like years ago and suffer on the field for it!

And yes Dinger, I pray for the real important issues of life all the time, but thanks for your concern! :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: