Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

Just came across this on the inter web… a little bulletin board material for the team, especially in 2021, since the author doesn’t even know their teams future OOC schedules…
https://www.google.com/amp/s/hailfloridahail.com/2019/12/11/florida-football-gators-start-scheduling-fau-taggart/amp/
Back to the top

JBOwl said

Just came across this on the inter web… a little bulletin board material for the team, especially in 2021, since the author doesn’t even know their teams future OOC schedules…
https://www.google.com/amp/s/hailfloridahail.com/2019/12/11/florida-football-gators-start-scheduling-fau-taggart/amp/

Posted On: Dec 14th 2019, 7:42 PM #392297

Funny to me that they waste their time writing about FAU!
Back to the top

Anyone who truly knows what they’re talking about knows Jumbo left a darn near impossible situation for the next coach. Even this new guy Norbell I guarantee maxes at 10-3 if they even get that far and that would be only one year. To blame Jimbos immediate successor is unfair and ridiculous. Of course this article is from delusional uf fans who think they’re wonning a NC soon. Uf has probably already maxed out under million. Jimbo left a team ght was light years behind the bama’s of the world in coaches, training staff, s & c program facilities everything 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

JBOwl said

Posted On: Dec 14th 2019, 7:42 PM #392297

Funny to me that they waste their time writing about FAU!
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 9:09 AM #392303

Wasted all that time writing (even though from the prose it looks like it took about 15 minutes at most), without it putting a 30 second google search in of his own teams future schedules. That, owls fans, is poor reporting. Zero research into an article. I’d be surprised if this guy gets more than 50 reads on it. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Anyone who truly knows what they’re talking about knows Jumbo left a darn near impossible situation for the next coach. Even this new guy Norbell I guarantee maxes at 10-3 if they even get that far and that would be only one year. To blame Jimbos immediate successor is unfair and ridiculous. Of course this article is from delusional uf fans who think they’re wonning a NC soon. Uf has probably already maxed out under million. Jimbo left a team ght was light years behind the bama’s of the world in coaches, training staff, s & c program facilities everything 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 9:34 AM #392306

And with all that Willie made it even worse.   That says a lot.  The facilities stuff is exaggerated big time by the way. ESPN propaganda
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

And with all that Willie made it even worse.   That says a lot.  The facilities stuff is exaggerated big time by the way. ESPN propaganda
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 10:27 AM #392309

I respect that you are an Owl Fan posting on here, but the unfettered defense of fsu football is beyond rose-colored glasses at this point. They experienced a STEEP drop off during Jimbo's last few years. That kind of a drop off is usually something that keeps going before it bounces back (this is what happens in sports, the economy, etc.).

Willie Wagon Taggart has been a rebuilder at every single one of his stops. All of the schools that he has taken over have improved under him and been better after he left - that is a sign of a Coach leaving the school in better hands. What was happening at fsu seemed to be beyond the control of the coach. Unfixable. No short term fix.

I could not be happier that we are paying a 1/5 of what fsu is paying Willie.

To say that the talk against fsu's facilities is "ESPN propaganda" is laughable. Behind the SEC, ESPN's second largest interest in conferences is the ACC (see media contract and ACC Network launch). If anything, ESPN would want to prop up and put out positive propaganda regarding fsu.

It says a lot that an entity with such an economic stake in fsu wants to stay far away from it.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Fans need to place the blame somewhere. Pinning on Taggart is easy. To all my fsu friends…willie is far from the real reason they dropped off the map. They are fundamentally in a downward spiral. Even more so than the canes. I am an absolute realist  when it comes to sports and business. Fsu fans should hate willie. They gave him the keys to a brinks truck and he headed south to paradise.  This dl  juco commit was exactly what he neeced to do. Get a positive story in the news . Then try , and it will be difficult, to put together a recruiting class. Ps….willie, I'm a fan, but re sign out defensive  coordinator.  He is special.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

I respect that you are an Owl Fan posting on here, but the unfettered defense of fsu football is beyond rose-colored glasses at this point. They experienced a STEEP drop off during Jimbo's last few years. That kind of a drop off is usually something that keeps going before it bounces back (this is what happens in sports, the economy, etc.).

Willie Wagon Taggart has been a rebuilder at every single one of his stops. All of the schools that he has taken over have improved under him and been better after he left - that is a sign of a Coach leaving the school in better hands. What was happening at fsu seemed to be beyond the control of the coach. Unfixable. No short term fix.

To say that the talk against fsu's facilities is "ESPN propaganda" is laughable. Behind the SEC, ESPN's second largest interest in conferences is the ACC (see media contract and ACC Network launch). If anything, ESPN would want to prop up and put out positive propaganda regarding fsu.

It says a lot that an entity with such an economic stake in fsu wants to stay far away from it.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 11:54 AM #392310

They were on the orange bowl defeating Michigan in 2016.   So one bad year of Jimbo isn't some steep decline.  Willie had them getting worse not better

ESPN does hate FSU.  Have you been to tally ever ?   Betting you are basing the facilities stuff just in what they say and haven't seen any yourself    and yes ESPN hates FSU.  Have for awhile
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

They were on the orange bowl defeating Michigan in 2016.   So one bad year of Jimbo isn't some steep decline.  Willie had them getting worse not better

ESPN does hate FSU.  Have you been to tally ever ?   Betting you are basing the facilities stuff just in what they say and haven't seen any yourself    and yes ESPN hates FSU.  Have for awhile
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 12:57 PM #392312

Does 2017 not exist? Went from winning nattys to 3 losses 3 losses then totally horrible 500 football under Jimbo.

Again, if you honestly think ESPN, who has a sizable economic & financial interest in FSU’s success, hates FSU, then I really don’t think this conversation can go any further. Maybe FSU would be better if it’s fans blamed its own administration rather than the scapegoat Willie and ESPN. Hilarious.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 12:57 PM #392312

Does 2017 not exist? Went from winning nattys to 3 losses 3 losses then totally horrible 500 football under Jimbo.

Again, if you honestly think ESPN, who has a sizable economic & financial interest in FSU’s success, hates FSU, then I really don’t think this conversation can go any further. Maybe FSU would be better if it’s fans blamed its own administration rather than the scapegoat Willie and ESPN. Hilarious.

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 1:13 PM #392313

In other words you haven't ever been to tally and are just basing facilities talk off of espn.  Got it

ESPN does hate FSU.  Again you obviously haven't seen a lot of the slanted reporting from people like schlabach

Jimbo did hurt the program on his way out. But it wasn't years of decline. Was just at the very end and one horrible year

Willie did have them getting worse not better.  Sorry I don't have biased owl perspective on here but I'm a realist.  His assistant coaching hires were jokes except for briles.   And Willie undermined briles and destroyed the FSU offense.  His other assistants were friends like Kelly , pimpleton and woodie who shouldn't be coaching at any level let alone D1.   His outside hire was harlon Barnett.  Worst dc in FSU history

So yes some are being homers on here. Not me though.    The ones absolving taggart of any blame and acting like none of it was his fault at FSU.  Sorry but he was horrible there.
Back to the top
Control functions: