Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart to Become the Next FAU Football Head Coach

SeminOwl28 said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

NJOWL said

SeminOwl28 said

jgf2017 said

Anyone who truly knows what they’re talking about knows Jumbo left a darn near impossible situation for the next coach. Even this new guy Norbell I guarantee maxes at 10-3 if they even get that far and that would be only one year. To blame Jimbos immediate successor is unfair and ridiculous. Of course this article is from delusional uf fans who think they’re wonning a NC soon. Uf has probably already maxed out under million. Jimbo left a team ght was light years behind the bama’s of the world in coaches, training staff, s & c program facilities everything 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 9:34 AM #392306

And with all that Willie made it even worse.   That says a lot.  The facilities stuff is exaggerated big time by the way. ESPN propaganda
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 10:27 AM #392309

I respect that you are an Owl Fan posting on here, but the unfettered defense of fsu football is beyond rose-colored glasses at this point. They experienced a STEEP drop off during Jimbo's last few years. That kind of a drop off is usually something that keeps going before it bounces back (this is what happens in sports, the economy, etc.).

Willie Wagon Taggart has been a rebuilder at every single one of his stops. All of the schools that he has taken over have improved under him and been better after he left - that is a sign of a Coach leaving the school in better hands. What was happening at fsu seemed to be beyond the control of the coach. Unfixable. No short term fix.

I could not be happier that we are paying a 1/5 of what fsu is paying Willie.

To say that the talk against fsu's facilities is "ESPN propaganda" is laughable. Behind the SEC, ESPN's second largest interest in conferences is the ACC (see media contract and ACC Network launch). If anything, ESPN would want to prop up and put out positive propaganda regarding fsu.

It says a lot that an entity with such an economic stake in fsu wants to stay far away from it.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 11:54 AM #392310

They were on the orange bowl defeating Michigan in 2016.   So one bad year of Jimbo isn't some steep decline.  Willie had them getting worse not better

ESPN does hate FSU.  Have you been to tally ever ?   Betting you are basing the facilities stuff just in what they say and haven't seen any yourself    and yes ESPN hates FSU.  Have for awhile
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 12:57 PM #392312

Does 2017 not exist? Went from winning nattys to 3 losses 3 losses then totally horrible 500 football under Jimbo.

Again, if you honestly think ESPN, who has a sizable economic & financial interest in FSU’s success, hates FSU, then I really don’t think this conversation can go any further. Maybe FSU would be better if it’s fans blamed its own administration rather than the scapegoat Willie and ESPN. Hilarious.

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 1:13 PM #392313

In other words you haven't ever been to tally and are just basing facilities talk off of espn.  Got it

ESPN does hate FSU.  Again you obviously haven't seen a lot of the slanted reporting from people like schlabach

Jimbo did hurt the program on his way out. But it wasn't years of decline. Was just at the very end and one horrible year

Willie did have them getting worse not better.  Sorry I don't have biased owl perspective on here but I'm a realist.  His assistant coaching hires were jokes except for briles.   And Willie undermined briles and destroyed the FSU offense.  His other assistants were friends like Kelly , pimpleton and woodie who shouldn't be coaching at any level let alone D1.   His outside hire was harlon Barnett.  Worst dc in FSU history

So yes some are being homers on here. Not me though.    The ones absolving taggart of any blame and acting like none of it was his fault at FSU.  Sorry but he was horrible there.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 1:25 PM #392314

Who in their right mind would voluntarily go to Tallahassee? Are your facilities close to as good as FAU’s?

ESPN being against FSU is akin to the following analogy: rich restaurant owner opens a new restaurant. Restaurant owner’s restaurant is very successful and even wins a national title for restaurants. But restaurant owner is upset that his restaurant is successful so he starts spreading false rumors that the kitchen is not up to snuff as other kitchens. Restaurant patrons stop going because restaurant owner torpedoes his own restaurant. Restaurant owner = ESPN. Restaurant = FSU. Do you see your assertion’s silliness now? Is this what all FSU fans believe?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

With us not having to pay Taggart, I'm hoping this money can go towards assistants including paying Spencer enough to stay.  
Back to the top

owlmart said

With us not having to pay Taggart, I'm hoping this money can go towards assistants including paying Spencer enough to stay.  
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 1:40 PM #392316

Gotta pay Spencer and hopefully see what OC we can find. Kendal Briles is still available….

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Not all fsu  fans feel like this. My brother is a nole. Played baseball.. resides 35 miles north or tally, in georgia. He is fed up with watching loads of money being wasted and not improving faciluties. Yea, the average nole blames Taggart  for this dumpster fire.  But honest fans are willing to look a little deeper. Nothing personal seminlowl . Just being honest.
Back to the top

Why is everyone on here acting like Glenn Spencer is an in prime dick lebeau? He did a fine job, but the defensive TALENT is better than its ever been. If he isn’t Taggart’s DC, I don’t think it’s the end of the world. Wouldn’t he have already been poached by a larger program if he was THAT great?
Back to the top

Dinger said

Why is everyone on here acting like Glenn Spencer is an in prime dick lebeau? He did a fine job, but the defensive TALENT is better than its ever been. If he isn’t Taggart’s DC, I don’t think it’s the end of the world. Wouldn’t he have already been poached by a larger program if he was THAT great?
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 2:10 PM #392319

He led our best defense probably ever. The 2017 defense was more talented, this one performed better. Sp many times the offense put the defense in really bad places and the defense fought out of it. Remember, we gave up JUST 6 POINTS in our Conference championship game. In today's football, that is entirely unheard of!

We led the country in turnover margin - that is insane!

He did an amazing job at Charlotte last year too - we saw that first hand. Cultivated coal into diamonds in terms of high school –> NFL talent.

He was a defensive coordinator at a P5 school for 10 years (Oklahoma State).

To us, he has been an in prime Dick LeBeau. Spencer literally could not have done a better job.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Dinger said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 2:10 PM #392319

Are you new to FAU football?  Not being funny, but we've gone through probably 10 DC over the last dozen years, and it's not because they are leaving for better jobs.  I have no desire to have another DC search right now
Back to the top

Spencer definitely did a great job with the defense this year, but I don’t want Taggart to keep Spencer just to keep him. It needs to be the right fit, if it’s not, they’ll never work out together.
Back to the top

Are you new to FAU football?  Not being funny, but we've gone through probably 10 DC over the last dozen years, and it's not because they are leaving for better jobs.  I have no desire to have another DC search right now

Well-I’m sure the school will greatly consider that YOU have no desire to have another DC search. Taggart is the HC, you don’t hire a HC and then force a staff on him, you might be new to football though, so I don’t know if you know that. I noted above that Spencer had been good. EVERY partridge made was amateur hour, so you can exclude Roc and the like, kiffin AND Taggart exist in a different stratosphere than Pelini and Partridge. 
Back to the top

NJOWL said

He led our best defense probably ever. 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2019, 2:36 PM #392320

I'd toss 2013 in there too…
Back to the top
Control functions: