Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

Just getting this going for all staff hires and rumors.

I can confirm that David Kelly will join the FAU staff in some compacity.

Kelly is formerly the recruiting coordinator at FSU and was the receivers coach in 2018.

Kelly has worked in similar roles with Taggart at USF and Oregon.
Back to the top

Oh boy here we go…

Hope it's off the field role. Recruiting is fine but he's worthless as a coach

Hopefully pimpleton and woodie flunkies arent next
Back to the top

Also Kelly long ago was let go by FSU. So no he isn't currently their recruitong coordinator.   
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Also Kelly long ago was let go by FSU. So no he isn't currently their recruitong coordinator.   
Posted On: Dec 13th 2019, 6:55 PM #392271

Knew that. I did not know why I wrote that! Too much news at once. :Laughing:
Back to the top

Is Coach Spencer joining Willie at the coaches show a good sign of him staying on or a result of him being the “head coach” until Saturday night? 

Any buzz around who our coordinators might be? 
Back to the top

teambeer said

Is Coach Spencer joining Willie at the coaches show a good sign of him staying on or a result of him being the “head coach” until Saturday night? 

Posted On: Dec 17th 2019, 6:56 AM #392388

Probably because he is the interim HC for the bowl game … Having watched the press conferences with Coach Spencer and I think he'll have the guys ready to play on Saturday.

I'm wondering if Willie is waiting until after the bowl game to make any announcements on his staff … it just seems to me that if he was holding on to any existing coaches it would have happen already.  

Back to the top

I was thinking the same thing, try to keep things stable and announce staff after the game so not to disrupt too much.

I suppose if he is keeping him, and he announces it but doesn't announce anyone else is staying, it's pretty demotivating.

This is definitely a lesson in management and engagement, a tricky situation to navigate.

Just strange that we're not hearing any buzz about anything.
Back to the top

Not hearing any buzz shows that he is smart enough to keep it quiet. We all know how leaks can be twisted. I think you wait till after the game. Anyone not being retained won't know during the bowl game. I doubt  that anybody being retained even knows. Can't risk loose tongues.
Back to the top

Just logged on to 247 sports to look at recruiting rankings. Shows fau's head coach is "John garrison". Experts?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Just logged on to 247 sports to look at recruiting rankings. Shows fau's head coach is "John garrison". Experts?
Posted On: Dec 17th 2019, 6:25 PM #392392

It is an auto thing and no one runs the FAU site.
Back to the top
Control functions: