Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Frank Gore JR. Commits to FAU Class of 2020

Add topic

The three-star Miami Killian Running Back Frank Gore Jr. commits to FAU's 2020 class. The 5'6 160lbs prospect received an offer from running backs coach Kevin Smith after camping with the Owls last year. Frank Gore JR's father and 4th all-time leading NFL rushing leader Frank Gore is currently teammates with Devin "Motor" Singletary on the Buffalo Bills.

Gore Jr. is will not be the only son of a future Hall of Fame NFL player on the Owls. Both Warren Sapp ll linebacker (son of Warran Sapp) and Terique Owens wide receivers (son of Terrell Owens) will be joining the Owls this summer as preferred walk-on.

Frank Gore Jr. who has reported offers from Kentucky and Southern Miss becomes the second commit of the 2020 FAU class.
Back to the top

Gonna be a NFL who's who on the sidelines!
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

The three-star Miami Killian Running Back Frank Gore Jr. commits to FAU's 2020 class. The 5'6 160lbs prospect received an offer from running backs coach Kevin Smith after camping with the Owls last year. Frank Gore JR's father and 4th all-time leading NFL rushing leader Frank Gore is currently teammates with Devin "Motor" Singletary on the Buffalo Bills.

Gore Jr. is will not be the only son of a future Hall of Fame NFL player on the Owls. Both Warren Sapp ll linebacker (son of Warran Sapp) and Terique Owens wide receivers (son of Terrell Owens) will be joining the Owls this summer as preferred walk-on.

Frank Gore Jr. who has reported offers from Kentucky and Southern Miss becomes the second commit of the 2020 FAU class.

Posted On: Jun 6th 2019, 6:41 PM #386758

What are the odds we hold on to him?  I sure hope so but not going to hold my breath.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

What are the odds we hold on to him?  I sure hope so but not going to hold my breath.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2019, 4:18 PM #386762

I think his size will hold him back from bigger offers
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

No player is 100%, but this one I would say he is a safe bet to stick.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

No player is 100%, but this one I would say he is a safe bet to stick.

Posted On: Jun 7th 2019, 8:41 PM #386764
Gore will make his decision this Thursday between FAU and USM.

One thing FAU needs to remember is we will have 9 backs on scholarship next year.
BJ Emmons, SR
James Charles, RS SR
Malcolm Davidson, JR
Tyrek Tisdale, RS JR
Larry McCammon, Soph
Kelvin Dean, RS FR ( According to FAU he has only played in three games which can give him an RS this year)
Daniel Leconte, RS JR
Glover Cook RS FR
James Meeks FR

When you can only take 25 a calendar year sometimes it's better to use it on a bigger need.
Back to the top

Agreed, they’re so stacked at RB. Of course his name and all is a cool thing to have, but if he does go to USM it won’t be the end of the world.
Back to the top

Of course we lost our RB coach SMH.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Of course we lost our RB coach SMH.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2019, 6:26 PM #392382

I'm pretty bummed but he probably left because BJ stayed.  I saw Frank had his house on the market so I wasn't surprised.
Back to the top
Control functions: