Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Top 25 watch

Is this NCAA football ranking chart for real? Or is it just CBS own ranking.

College Football Rankings 2019 - CBS Sports 130 - CBSSports.com

Boise goes up by 1 spot from 19 to 18 after losing to Washington (36 now 33) by 31 points (38-7). This chart had FAU 50 and moved to 30 two spots behind SMU who was 26 but moved down to 28. Nice since they lost to FAU 52-28.
Back to the top

I think everything is shaping up nicely for us to get ranked. #25 (Oklahoma State) and #22 (USC) both lost. Still need a few teams between us and back end of ranked teams to lose but so far so good.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

I think everything is shaping up nicely for us to get ranked. #25 (Oklahoma State) and #22 (USC) both lost. Still need a few teams between us and back end of ranked teams to lose but so far so good.
Posted On: Dec 28th 2019, 3:29 AM #392955

I agree. I think UVA loses who else do we need to lose? 
Back to the top

In addition to UVA, we could probably use#21 Cincy losing to Boston College or #23 Navy losing to Kansas State as well.  Our case is pretty strong…11 wins, Conference champs, finished the year with 7 straight blowout wins including beating a higher ranked team in a bowl….so I would like to think we should get ranked, but you never know.
Back to the top

Boise was #19, but the way they got boat-raced 38-7 by an unranked Washington ***should*** have them drop out.  But I doubt they drop them that far as a 12-win team with a name/brand.  My guess is a bunch of 8 and 9 win P5 schools grab many of those spots, but FAU has a strong case IMO as a conference champ, 11 wins, beat a 10-win team soundly in our bowl, etc. 

Teams like Texas A&M snuck by OK St to make both teams 8-5.  It won’t be a surprise at all to see the Aggies get ranked.  Washington is an unranked 8-win P5 team who blew 12-win Boise out.  Even UCF now with 10 wins and a big win against us probably has a good chance to get ranked.  Air Force has the name and 11 wins.  Louisiana has 10 wins and can get to 11.

If there are only 3 teams that fall out, FAU will be right there vying for a spot with teams like those.  But it is a cramped space.  Still it is awesome to be in the mix!
Back to the top

Not sure we’ll make it. But if we finish 26-27, and beat Minnesota we will definitely be ranked. Air Force won last night and that was a game we needed them to lose 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

In addition to UVA, we could probably use#21 Cincy losing to Boston College or #23 Navy losing to Kansas State as well.  Our case is pretty strong…11 wins, Conference champs, finished the year with 7 straight blowout wins including beating a higher ranked team in a bowl….so I would like to think we should get ranked, but you never know.
Posted On: Dec 28th 2019, 7:38 AM #392959

Conference USA sucking this year hurts and the marshal loss could kill our chances.  I do think we are deserving though
Back to the top

I think our SMU victory is even more impressive as we beat them essentially with one hand tied behind our back with all the missing starters/backups that were not there for the game. As good as Harrison Bryant was, I knew Reine and Mitchell were really good. But losing the two wide receivers, solid backs in Malcolm Davidson and McCammon Keke Leroy and others to suspension or injuries made oddsmakers increase the line for SMU up to 9.5 points favorites by kickoff.

30 TDs by the guys who did not play at SMU.
Davidson 9 TDs
Bryant 7 TDs
Pico 2 TDs
Antoine 5 TDs
McCammon 7 TDs
Back to the top

My guess is we will finish just outside of it ala 2017, but will see how things shape up.
Back to the top

+1
Back to the top
Control functions: