Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

For all the taggart critics.......try and find a negative on the defensive coaches. From the DC down, they are a solid group. And they can recruit the heck out of Florida. Im excited about the future.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

For all the taggart critics…….try and find a negative on the defensive coaches. From the DC down, they are a solid group. And they can recruit the heck out of Florida. Im excited about the future.
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 4:45 PM #393252

Agreed, because they were so successful at FSU…….
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Local Owl said

For all the taggart critics…….try and find a negative on the defensive coaches. From the DC down, they are a solid group. And they can recruit the heck out of Florida. Im excited about the future.

Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 4:50 PM #393253

Most of these coaches wereng at fsu and even if they were conference usa would be easier than acc to win
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

cbboarder said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 4:50 PM #393253

Most of these coaches wereng at fsu and even if they were conference usa would be easier than acc to win
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 4:55 PM #393254

Take Clemson out, and you have a G5 conference. Well, at least this year.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I’m very happy with hires as well. Look forward to the season. #williewagon
Back to the top

Rick said

Raymond Woodie and Stanford Samuels Jr. have been added to Florida Atlantic University and newly hired head coach Willie Taggart’s football staff.

The duo were with Taggart at Florida State and will bring South Florida experience to the FAU coaching staff.

Woodie will work with the outside linebackers, a unit that has traditionally led of FAU’s defense.

Samuels Jr. will focus his attention on the defensive backs, which could potentially feature Meiko Dotson, who led the nation in interceptions per game (0.7).

With the hires, Kevin Patrick, who was previously announced as an outside linebackers coach, will move to his natural coaching position and a position he played, defensive line.
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 4:32 PM #393251

I thought this was your writing at first instead of copying from the fau football release.  

Had to look up Samuels officially but heard about woodie before the release
Back to the top

So down to 1 coach on defense now it seems.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I thought this was your writing at first instead of copying from the fau football release.  
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 5:39 PM #393258

I'm a credentialed member of the FAU media pool for the last decade, to whom the release was sent to at my personal e-mail address.

I posted a clip of that release, which is done all the time, so that our readers would have it. Why? Because they want the information shared.

Not sure what the purpose of your post was, though.
Back to the top

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 5:39 PM #393258

I'm a credentialed member of the FAU media pool for the last decade, to whom the release was sent to at my personal e-mail address.

I posted a clip of that release, which is done all the time, so that our readers would have it. Why? Because they want the information shared.

Not sure what the purpose of your post was, though.
Posted On: Jan 9th 2020, 9:38 PM #393279

Just to say maybe cite your source.  Then we'd have the link to read it as well or know where it was from if not published yet   Without that it makes it look like you wrote it instead of lifting it

And I said I knew about one coach. I made multiple posts on woodie heading here well before today.

The other hire I was interested to hear.   Will be fun to see who is the last hire
Back to the top

We will l have a great recruiting staff at the minimum. Go get 'em Coaches, we have at leaSt a dozen slots to fill still so BRING IN GOOD ONES!
Back to the top
Control functions: