Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart in the ACC, Past FSU Performance, and as a Coach

GeorgiaOwl said

Coach T did not "fix" in 1 1/2 years what JIMBO BROKE AND BAILED ON. By the way, the LOSSES at A&M are rising, not shrinking!

I am Coach T's second biggest doubter apparently but I hope he succeeds at FAU, I believe this IS more his level! He IS a great recruiter and has hired a good staff. I feel if he succeeds like Lane he will be gone in 3 years and then Leavitt will gets his second shot as HC!
Posted On: Jan 17th 2020, 12:40 PM #393476

Jim Leavitt could coach FAU by himself…with enough pepsi.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

What’s going on with FSU is exactly what’s gone on with other former powers that are now irrelevant. What makes FSU so special that they won’t be completely irrelevant like former powers such as Nebraska, Miami, USC and not  compete for a NC for 15-20 years? 
Posted On: Jan 17th 2020, 6:13 PM #393490

FSU boosters have a hell of a lot of money. Miami does not have the football money or facilities to compete anymore. The $34 million to build the indoor practice facility was a stretch for them. Miami should have gracefully bowed out of football and put their eggs in basketball. They are an urban school  in an urban area in an NBA town.
Back to the top

That’s the best response you have to my question, boosters? Are you kidding? What about all the oil money in Texas? Why hasn’t a Texas team made the playoffs? Or countless other schools with boosters? Why doesn’t every team with a lot of boosters make the playoffs? 
So the fact FSU has boosters means they’ll win a national championship soon? Really? Because I think that’s a ridiculously flawed Argument. We’re talking about a program that lost in the semifinal game 59-14 and has progressively gotten worse since. If they played Clemson or LSU they would get DESTROYED. 
Let’s put this in perspective. FSU got BLASTED 45-14 to Clemson. Clemson got Crushed by LSU. What does that say about the state of the FSU program. And you’ll blame Taggart. Why did Jimbo lose 35-3 at BC?
Back to the top

Why am I reading so much unwanted crap about FSU. Log on to a fsu fan blog. Ugh.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

That’s the best response you have to my question, boosters? Are you kidding? What about all the oil money in Texas? Why hasn’t a Texas team made the playoffs? Or countless other schools with boosters? Why doesn’t every team with a lot of boosters make the playoffs? 
So the fact FSU has boosters means they’ll win a national championship soon? Really? Because I think that’s a ridiculously flawed Argument. We’re talking about a program that lost in the semifinal game 59-14 and has progressively gotten worse since. If they played Clemson or LSU they would get DESTROYED. 
Let’s put this in perspective. FSU got BLASTED 45-14 to Clemson. Clemson got Crushed by LSU. What does that say about the state of the FSU program. And you’ll blame Taggart. Why did Jimbo lose 35-3 at BC?
Posted On: Jan 17th 2020, 8:44 PM #393495

Im not saying they will come back but having a lot of money makes it a lot easier to come back. If you compare FSU to Miami or Nebraska FSU has a lot more money. As for Texas oil money. Money is necessary but not sufficient by itself.
Back to the top

Let's talk about the future of FAU football, shall we?
Taggart will do just fine in C-USA. He has inherited a talented squad with good past recruiting classes, a new practice state of the art facility, conference championships, a lot of exposure, with a power 5 staff. The objective here is trying to win C-USA every year, get invited to a bowl, maybe get ranked and increase the popularity of the school.
GO OWLS
Back to the top

If Coach T hasn't made a stop in the God awful city in the pan handle,  everyone would be thrilled. I can not wait to watch FAU  football under coach Taggart.  
Back to the top

Also, I'm going to my first basketball game of the season tomorrow.  They deserve a full arena.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Why am I reading so much unwanted crap about FSU. Log on to a fsu fan blog. Ugh.
Posted On: Jan 17th 2020, 8:59 PM #393496

Back to the top

I've been thinking about all the haters. And it's really unfortunate that people, many of whom are die hard FSU fans (YUCK) go on about this garbage before Taggart’s even coached a game? Do you have any idea how it looks? That there's all this back and forth with people that are hating on our head football coach. How do you think it looks? Do you think it's a positive thing for FAU?
Back to the top
Control functions: