Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Taggart's STAFF Thread

jgf2017 said

Coach Taggart has hired an amazing coaching staff, especially on defense. I have total confidence in him calling plays. With so many weapons on offense, he'll do amazing. When he hired Briles as OC at FSU, I started to realize he's a really smart football guy. I look forward to him leading us to our first ever year's end top 25 ranking. Remember, he did it with USF. Just having guys like Kevin Patrick psyches me up. I'm convinced we can be even more successful than with Kiffin.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2020, 9:00 PM #393582

:Vomit:
Back to the top

Why was that your response cbboarder? Do you disagree with my post? Do you have something against Taggart. Are you, like a couple other people rooting for Taggart to fail. I honestly believe there’s people here that don’t want the team to be great because they want to prove me wrong. I’m wondering, what made you have that response?
Back to the top

We DO need to stop insulting each other on here - we are ALL OWL FANS - right???

But the internet does have a real negative way of affecting some. Sad.

Anyhow - GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Why was that your response cbboarder? Do you disagree with my post? Do you have something against Taggart. Are you, like a couple other people rooting for Taggart to fail. I honestly believe there’s people here that don’t want the team to be great because they want to prove me wrong. I’m wondering, what made you have that response?
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2020, 8:48 AM #393584

Yes I disagree with your post. I don't think less of you for going all in on coach and I'm not here to prove you wrong. I'm just not sold on the hire. I will not be rooting for him to fail and I hope he makes me a believer. Only time will tell.

Please understand it's okay for us to disagree……

Go Owls!
Back to the top

But the thing is you and others are basing it all off of 2 seasons at FSU.
What you and the fellow Fans of FSU’s embarrassingly pathetic football program fail to see is that it’s FSU that’s a dumpster fire. Taggart has been great at his other 3 coaching gigs. 
If you and other FSU homers don’t realize how far behind FSU is S&C wise, you have no idea how bad the situation is. They’re never returning to the top and if they do it’ll be 10-20 years from now and even then I don’t think so. Every year I’m going to be right and rub it in you guys’ faces. I’m not a good winner. So if you think FSU would have won national championships without Taggart, why won’t you bet me now that someone else is coaching. I’ll make it 5 to 1 now. I wonder why there aren’t any takers. 
Back to the top

Are you ready for my controversial comment. I know the Florida pan handle very well. I have family that lives up there. When taggart was named the coach at fsu,  it didn't go over too well with the "Good old boys".  They had Bobby, Jimbo and Willie. I knew he wouldn't fit the mold. Still a bit behind the times up there. If you catch my drift. Either way, fsu  and um have fallen from the upper tier into the very average category. I'm so happy that Willie took all their money  and came south to an area that appreciated  a man of character.  Fau has as much chance of a national championship in the next 10 as the two previously menyioned schools. Last season , we would have beaten them both. I know Dusky is a hard core Owl that has Nole  ties. But he's an Owl. Nobody wants to fight about fsu stuff.
Back to the top

Some of the vitriol on here against our new coach we should all be rallying around really makes you wonder.
Back to the top

Even Willie has said this the the FIRST time he has stepped into a GOOD team. Always working from nothing (WKU) or slipping programs (USF Oregon, FSU).

He HAS TO do well after FSU as his rep. has taken a hit if he wants another Power5 paycheck. He HAS TO do well or THIS job will turn on him and further lower his professional rep if he screws it up.

Exactly the same position that Lane stepped into but worse for Willie as there are now expectations here too. Lane actually stepped into an easy job, improve an underperforming program that ALL knew should be better. THIS will make it tougher on Willie but the staff hires, retaining nearly all recruits and the new recruiting efforts all are great steps so far.

For Willie's, FAU's and MY sake I hope he does very well and in 3 years we are talking about the next new HC hire after 4 straight CUSA titles!!
Back to the top

One thing I just found out.  Brent Stockstill went to USF as well.  Not sure if it’s significant from a coaching standpoint, more so just more fuel to the USF game next season
Back to the top
Control functions: