Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Expectations

The O/U for this team next year should be 7.5

Folks…we have some serious holes on defense to fill.  Not normal stuff, big holes.

And please remember…we had key players miss the Boca Bowl.  Chances of those kids being on the roster in August are 50/50 at best.  

And I know it sounds obnoxious, but if you guarantee 10 wins…I'll happily play bookie and take your bets.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'll bet you $100 (not as confident as the FSU national championship bet offer) that FAU wins 10 games if it includes all the way up to and including the bowl game.
Back to the top

So you're thinking eight ,plus conference game, plus bowl game. That would be a bad bet. Ten wins is very possible. Yes , our d has holes, but I think we have enough athleticism  to do the job. This will be the first spring in a long time that the o will be ahead of the d. I'm excited. Plus baseball in three days.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'll bet you $100 (not as confident as the FSU national championship bet offer) that FAU wins 10 games if it includes all the way up to and including the bowl game.
Posted On: Feb 11th 2020, 3:45 PM #394047

Done, loser donates the $100 to the Owls nest?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

That's a great idea
Back to the top

I was wondering if all these over/under win projections were regular season only or included post season games as well.
Back to the top

The thing with possibly losing great players like Dotson and Leroy is that we’ve always had a next man up that gets the job done. I remember a couple years ago it being who’s going to replace Jalen Young. We’ve got the athletes to replace them. It’s worked out the last couple years and there’s no reason not to believe the replacements will be just as effective. Hopefully Leroy and Dotson play here next year. If not I’m not in the slightest worried. Now D Line is a different question 
Back to the top

I think Jim Leavitt is one of the best DCs out there in college football. I think the offense will mask our defense's weaknesses in the start of the season. As our D gets settled in throughout the season, I think we'll look better than ever.
Back to the top

Some people are just natural coaches. And Coach Taggart is a natural football coach. His hires are more than impressive and have been his whole career. Add to that him being a family man and I’m proud and psyched he’s our coach.
Back to the top

Jgf I admire your optimism. 
Back to the top
Control functions: