Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Binghamton vs FAU Feb 21-23, 2020

Add topic

Local Owl said

Just arrived at the stadium. 20 mph wind blowing straight out to left field. Could make for an interesting game.
Posted On: Feb 21st 2020, 5:45 PM #394180

4-2 margin to overcome is in fact very interesting.

:Thinking:

Back to the top

It's baseball: any team can beat any team on any given day. That's why they play so many games.

With that said, I reallllly don't want to lose to Binghamton. This is the kind of series that is a lose-lose for us: win all 3 and it really won't help our RPI much at all, but lose 1 and it can kill our RPI. (that analysis assumes Binghamton will be pretty bad this year)

Let's get a few runs on the board here boys!!! Put a few outta the park!!!

note: as I typed this a Binghamton player went absolutely yahtzee over the left-center wall. This ain't good folks.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Tie ball game! We broke up a no-hit bid to immediately level the score.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

DID I MENTION I LOVE BASEBALL!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

What a turn of events!

Back to the top

Wow. Just when it looked like we were down for the count!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

What-a-comeback!

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

What a horrible win. If wins weren't so important, you would almost want to give this one back. Pitching was not affective. Fielding was shaky.  Mental mistakes on the base paths. We couldn't hit their starter that came in with an era  of 23+. . Luckily their relievers were pretty bad and we came back for the win. My last post said this game would be interesting. It sure was. We need to settle down, play solid baseball, and win the next two with quality ball. This was a lucky win.
Back to the top

Coach Mac talks about the Owls' win in game one:

Back to the top

Today's Game against Binghamton has been postponed until 10:00 AM Sunday due to the threat of weather and current field conditions.

Back to the top
Control functions: