Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS PLAY GAME THREAD: UTSA @ FAU - February 27, 2020

Add topic

UTSA Visits for Final Home FAU Basketball Game of the Season

What: UTSA (12-15, 6-8) @ Florida Atlantic (15-13, 7-8)

When: Thursday, February 27th, 2020 @ 7:00 PM Eastern

Where: Abessinio Court at FAU Arena

Series: The Owls own a 6-4 all-time advantage over the Roadrunners, including a 79-64 FAU victory in early January.

TV: None

Stream: CUSA.tv *Fee

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

UTSA Team Site: Here

UTSA at a Glance:

Offense - 78.5 PPG, 43% FG, 35% 3PT

Defense - 77.3 PPGA, 44% FGA, 34% 3PTA

Rebounding - 39.7 RPG Roadrunners, 38.3 RPG Opponents

Notables

Their first game in nearly two weeks, UTSA will open their Bonus Play campaign with a trip to Boca Raton on Thursday. Last time out, UTSA fell to WKU 77-73 in San Antonio for their third home loss in four games.

The Roadrunners own a 2-5 away conference record, which includes their 79-64 loss on January 2nd at The Burrow. In that loss, the Conference's top scorer Jhivvan Jackson was held to just 8 points. It was his understudy, guard Keaton Wallace doing the damage in losing effort, scoring 27 points against the Owls.

Throughout the season, guard Jhivvan Jackson has proven to be a prolific scorer. Not only has he consistently been the conference's top scorer, he has also spent time atop the nation's leaderboard for points per game. He currently sits second in the nation at 26.9 PPG.

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 70.3 PPG, 42% FG, 32% 3PT

Defense - 68.4 PPGA, 44% FGA, 33% 3PTA

Rebounding - 36.8 RPG Owls, 35.0 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Owls will end their home slate of the 2020 C-USA season against the same opponent it started with: UTSA.

In that previous matchup, The Owls were led by star forward Jailyn Ingram, who drained a team-high 15 points. Micheal Forrest and Jaylen Sebree also had double-digits in scoring. Everett Winchester, now out for the remainder of the season due to injury, dropped 10 points and a team-high 8 rebounds.

Last time out, FAU opened C-USA Bonus Play with a 65-58 victory over UAB. The Owls finished the game with a 16-2 run over the last five minutes, helping Head Coach Dusty May's program get their first win over the Blazers in five years.

Guard Richardson Maitre scored a team-high 15 points in the win over UAB. Cornelius "Scuta" Taylor, Jailyn Ingram, and Kenan Blackshear scored in the double-digits, with Blackshear setting a new career-best 11 points.

FAU fans in attendance on Thursday could see history, as a win over UTSA would set a new program Division-I record for 14 home victories. In their series with UTSA, the Owls have won three straight to become 3-1 in Boca Raton vs. the Roadrunners.

Moreover, Jailyn Ingram could cement his name as one of the best players in program history as he continues to close in at 1,000 career points. He's currently 12 points shy from becoming the 14th Owl to hit that mark. His PPG average is just below that at 11, good for the second best PPG average on the team.

It is Scuta Taylor who continues to lead the team in scoring with 12.1 PPG. Don't feel bad for Ingram, as he can lay claim to being the Owls' top rebounder, collecting 5.2 RPG.

Following Thursday's contest, the Owls will begin their final road-trip before the C-USA Tournament. They will face Old Dominion on Sunday with a 2 PM tip before visiting Marshall on Wednesday.

Opening Line: FAU -4

Additional Links:

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Season Discussion Thread - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Owls open as 4 point favorites, but the line is shifting towards UTSA. As of late Wednesday night/Thursday morning, the line average is at FAU -3.5.

Strange, I don't understand this movement. I have FAU by 7.

Back to the top

Looking forward to this one. Should be lots of emotion in the arena given that is the final home game of the season. Ill be looking to see if F Jailyn Ingram and G Cornelius "Scuta" Taylor can get off to hot starts in the first half. Both have played better in the second half over the course of the regular season. It will interesting to see how FAU will gameplan for UTSA G Jhivvan Jackson. He may be the CUSA leading scorer but has struggled the last three game from the perimeter only shooting 17% from three point range.
Back to the top

Ryan Rubloff said

It will interesting to see how FAU will gameplan for UTSA G Jhivvan Jackson. He may be the CUSA leading scorer but has struggled the last three game from the perimeter only shooting 17% from three point range.
Posted On: Feb 27th 2020, 4:07 PM #394243

I like our chances if that trend continues!

Back to the top

If you're at the game tonight, make sure to to check out a pair of FAU Football's trophies!

Back to the top

Getting all set for tip at The Burrow.

Back to the top

FAU races to an early 10-2 lead to open the game! UTSA hasn't been able to hit their shooting stride AT ALL!

Back to the top

SOMEBODY CALL THE COPS BECAUSE WE'RE WITNESSING AN ASSAULT!

Back to the top

:Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:

Holy Chowda'!
Back to the top

Send your hate mail to Jack Whidden, Tampa, Florida, if we lose this game.

Back to the top
Control functions: