Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: WKU @ FAU - 10/18/14 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

Great second half! Just a couple thoughts.

1. Where has that aggression been all season that defense showed in the second half? Hopefully the coaching staff can take somethkng away from that half and put it to use. 

2. Lucky whitehead is absolutely a NFL player. I really hope he gets noticed with basically just one healthy year as a FBS player. He is a joy to watch and truly believe he could play slot receiver anywhere in the country. 

3. Quez needs to bring these games on the road. Seems to be a much player at home. But what a great game today.

4. Kalib Woods needs to get more snaps over Dukes. Dukes has regressed since his sophomore year. 

5. Howell looked like a great a runner. Should be the starter rest of the year if he can hold onto the ball. Hopefully Warren is given another chance as well. 

Go owls!! 

Back to the top

Great day, great win, let's go upset marshall
Back to the top

I'm not worried about the offense against Marshall.  I  am worried about the defense, 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

@illinoisowl…totally agree. If we give Cato time to look, his receivers time to run routes, our DB's will be picked on all day.We must hurry Cato.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Random thoughts on the day...

First of all, great comeback. I love that the team did not quit. Great Win! Go Owls!!

on the noon start time:

As a business owner trying to make it "in the corridor," selling FAU Gear before the game, the noon start absolutely sucks...

But as a fan, trying to enjoy division 1 football in Boca Raton, the noon start time absolutely sucks.

on the month of October being about Cancer awareness:

Instead of people wearing pink trinkets from businesses taking advantage of cancer, how about we promote cancer awareness by NOT having 12,000 people sitting in the blazing sun for 3 1/2 hours in South Florida. (I understand this is about TV and I am calling BS on that).

In summary:

Owls = Great!
Noon football in s. fla = Very Bad!

Owls Up!
Posted On: Oct 18th 2014, 8:08 PM #336670
This. It's not just with us though. Miami's noon game attendance might be worse lol. Football in So. FLA shouldn't be played til at least 3:30.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@illinoisowl…totally agree. If we give Cato time to look, his receivers time to run routes, our DB's will be picked on all day.We must hurry Cato.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2014, 8:26 AM #336683

Total agreement here. In fact, I dodn't have much of a voice left this morning. We sit in section 103. The entire first half I was screaming at the coaching staff…"Move the DB's up!! We have the speed! Let them play coach!!". I did this out of frustration, of course (as we we kept lining up 7-8 yards off the line), beacause I knew they could not really hear me much less listen. But I was not the only one shouting. Then, the second half…DB's on the line and wow, we stop them, and actually had a chance. Great win Owls.

With Cato, we need to do the same…preassure! Nothing to lose against the 25th ranked team in the nation. If the beat us that way, at least they earned it…and we didn't give it to them.

-Owls Up!
Back to the top

Total agreement to you too Prowler! Our level guys (actually ANY level guys) play better when you LET 'EM PLAY. Run and react much faster and hit and tackle much better without OVERTHINKING everything!
Back to the top

I was hoping to see a nice highlight video for this game/ post game locker room celebration of something...
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

I was hoping to see a nice highlight video for this game/ post game locker room celebration of something…
Posted On: Oct 21st 2014, 11:10 AM #336829

Back to the top

I agree with ya IslandOwl, I have been hoping for a highlight video too! Thanks Rick, nice to see us getting the ball to Lucky and Martese in space - possible homerun play every time! And LOVE Trey's hit on the QB - karmas a b…. ain't she!
Back to the top
Control functions: