Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Brian Wright to Youngstown State Rumors

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Read that this is Pelini posistioning himself for a shot at Ohio St. whenever that comes open again. He does real good at Youngstown St., could be.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2014, 9:10 PM #339775

Urban Meyer just got there, and he's doing pretty good. I don't see Meyer going anywhere anytime soon…
Posted On: Dec 16th 2014, 11:23 PM #339817

True, but if LSU doesn't get back to where it was before Saban left, that HC position could be open with in the next couple years.  
Posted On: Dec 16th 2014, 11:59 PM #339818

Ok, I'm lost now… I don't see connection between Urban Meyer, Pelini and LSU?! Urban Meyer's dream job is Ohio State… Unless you're insinuating Pelini heading to LSU in a couple of years; then I guess I could see this happening.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2014, 8:56 AM #339820

I meant to say that if LSU would fire their coach, it wouldn't shock me to see Meyer go to LSU… The last game between Meyer and Saban, left a bad taste in Meyers mouth when he was at Florida. I heard there is a professional respect, but personally they must hate each other.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2014, 10:38 AM #339821

Yea  dont know what world of college football you are living but there is zero chance any of that happen. LSU is about to win 9 Games with a true freshman QB in the toughest conference in football. Les in a top three coach.
Also Urban basically lied about being sick for a year so he could coach Ohio State why would he leave so he could go to Baton Rouge?   
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Read that this is Pelini posistioning himself for a shot at Ohio St. whenever that comes open again. He does real good at Youngstown St., could be.
Urban Meyer just got there, and he's doing pretty good. I don't see Meyer going anywhere anytime soon…
True, but if LSU doesn't get back to where it was before Saban left, that HC position could be open with in the next couple years.
Ok, I'm lost now… I don't see connection between Urban Meyer, Pelini and LSU?! Urban Meyer's dream job is Ohio State… Unless you're insinuating Pelini heading to LSU in a couple of years; then I guess I could see this happening.
I meant to say that if LSU would fire their coach, it wouldn't shock me to see Meyer go to LSU… The last game between Meyer and Saban, left a bad taste in Meyers mouth when he was at Florida. I heard there is a professional respect, but personally they must hate each other.
Yea  dont know what world of college football you are living but there is zero chance any of that happen. LSU is about to win 9 Games with a true freshman QB in the toughest conference in football. Les in a top three coach.
Also Urban basically lied about being sick for a year so he could coach Ohio State why would he leave so he could go to Baton Rouge?

Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 11:00 AM #339830

He knows more about college football than you will ever know.
Back to the top

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 11:50 AM #339832
its all right I ignore him anyway, but Les may be a winning coach, but three conference titles, in the 9 plus years since he is there.  He may be a winning coach but if you play in the same division and confence as Alabama and cant compete or beat them, you will be on the hot seat. take a look at Nebraska except for Pelini being a jerk, he consistently won 9 games a year, and played in a conference championship game. Plus Meyer took the year off to get his health in order and spend time with his family.  His family made him a contract for when he took the job at OSU that his health comes first. He didn't lie, his family told him to take the year off.

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 11:50 AM #339832
its all right I ignore him anyway, but Les may be a winning coach, but three conference titles, in the 9 plus years since he is there.  He may be a winning coach but if you play in the same division and confence as Alabama and cant compete or beat them, you will be on the hot seat. take a look at Nebraska except for Pelini being a jerk, he consistently won 9 games a year, and played in a conference championship game. Plus Meyer took the year off to get his health in order and spend time with his family.  His family made him a contract for when he took the job at OSU that his health comes first. He didn't lie, his family told him to take the year off.

Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 1:19 PM #339833

However you want to look at Meyer's situation, everyone knows there was something shady about his Florida exit. He's enjoying his time coaching for his alma matter which has always been his dream job. Les is great coach. He'll stay put until his contract is up.
Back to the top

that could be true too, they said that about a few coachs after successful seasons, then a couple down seasons and they are shown the door.
Back to the top

Let's see how Urban does up there when he runs into a few rough seasons, how well he handles that. He did a pretty poor job at UF under those circumstances. AND left quite a mess that Gainesville has not recovered from yet!
Back to the top
Control functions: