Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Favorite breakfast place in Boca?

Add topic

Don't think we've talked about this before.

I try to get breakfast once every weekend and wondered what some of your favorites are. I know I could check Yelp but they were wrong about Another Broken Egg Cafe, which disappointed all four of us.

For a quick breakfast, Flakowitz has been amazing. Crazy to think I've lived in this area so long and didn't try them until recently. Love their egg sandwich.

on the other hand for a sit down place Tom Sawyer has been money. Everything I've had there was good and I especially appreciate the Howard Schnellenberger/FAU poster in the bathroom area noting that the restaurant is "the birthplace of FAU football"

Boca Beach House on Palmetto was a solid place too. Great home fries.
Back to the top

Tom Sawyer without question!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

For a quick breakfast, Flakowitz has been amazing. Crazy to think I've lived in this area so long and didn't try them until recently. Love their egg sandwich.
Posted On: Jul 27th 2015, 7:09 PM #346709

As information, Flakowitz is now owned by a large supporter of FAU Basketball.  When we did our fundraisers for Basketball a few years ago, the current ownership was a big part of it and then bought Flakowitz after the fact. I mention it so people know it is good to give them business.

Go owls!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

As information, Flakowitz is now owned by a large supporter of FAU Basketball.  When we did our fundraisers for Basketball a few years ago, the current ownership was a big part of it and then bought Flakowitz after the fact. I mention it so people know it is good to give them business.

Hey, good to know!  :cool:

Makes me like the place even better knowing they're on our side.

Back to the top

Tell you one place that is NOT on the list:

Flashback Diner.

Have they lost their mind with the prices?

$12 for two eggs benedict and a sausage patty.

Good luck with that!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tom Sawyer without question!
Posted On: Jul 27th 2015, 7:13 PM #346711

HA… I remember that place…
Back to the top

Benny's on the beach on the Lake Worth pier is up there too
Back to the top

Rick said

Tell you one place that is NOT on the list:

Flashback Diner.

Have they lost their mind with the prices?

$12 for two eggs benedict and a sausage patty.

Good luck with that!
Posted On: Jul 31st 2015, 12:23 PM #346822

Yeah I was very underwhelmed there too and didn't go back. Don't know anybody who's high on that place.

That's probably why they're trying to sell the place for $6.75M
Back to the top
Control functions: