Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Guess between the split in the crowd between UM/ FAU fans?

Jack David Whidden III said

RobHurricane (Guest) said

We will apparently have at least 2 sections of students driving up. UM Athletics twitter feed says our students will be in 223-224. Miami band might be with the student section area instead of 230, that's how it is at FSU so I guess we will see if there is anything different/strange.
Posted On: Sep 7th 2015, 1:43 PM #348134
I hope there's a mistake in the sections UM students will be in. If you're correct Rob, the UM students will be right next to the FAU students. That's not going to be pretty

Posted On: Sep 8th 2015, 10:04 AM #348160

Shouldn't be ugly, the actual Miami students aren't the problem.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yeah, compared the "U invented swagger" fans who never went to UM, the students are great. That being said, you're going to have two drunk and obnoxious student sections right next to each other, many of whom from one will be attending their first major CFB game.

But now that I think about it, I'm more concerned about those fans at the tailgate, than the students inside the stadium.
Back to the top

walty12 said

RobHurricane (Guest) said

We will apparently have at least 2 sections of students driving up. UM Athletics twitter feed says our students will be in 223-224. Miami band might be with the student section area instead of 230, that's how it is at FSU so I guess we will see if there is anything different/strange.
Posted On: Sep 7th 2015, 1:43 PM #348134
I hope there's a mistake in the sections UM students will be in. If you're correct Rob, the UM students will be right next to the FAU students. That's not going to be pretty
Posted On: Sep 8th 2015, 10:04 AM #348160
Shouldn't be ugly, the actual Miami students aren't the problem.

Posted On: Sep 8th 2015, 10:18 AM #348169

Hope you're right. As long as you are not FSU in disguise, there shouldn't be any real problems. I imagine some of the more drunk students might be more obnoxious but that is something that is standard across fandoms…
Back to the top

Yeah, compared the "U invented swagger" fans who never went to UM, the students are great. That being said, you're going to have two drunk and obnoxious student sections right next to each other, many of whom from one will be attending their first major CFB game.

But now that I think about it, I'm more concerned about those fans at the tailgate, than the students inside the stadium.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2015, 10:33 AM #348176

thats exactly what I am saying…there will be drunk fools wearing miami cutoff tshirts that have never been to Coral Gables in thier lives.  My money is 99% of the problems stem from them folks.

Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Sep 8th 2015, 10:33 AM #348176
thats exactly what I am saying…there will be drunk fools wearing miami cutoff tshirts that have never been to Coral Gables in thier lives.  My money is 99% of the problems stem from them folks.

Posted On: Sep 8th 2015, 10:38 AM #348180

My hope is many of those type of fans have been disillusioned by our recent lack of success and stopped being so outrageous. Every time I see one of those you described I shudder a little bit. Sure it is nice to have the every-day fan, but still… it gets a little annoying. I think (hope) most of the fans from our side will be young alums, gray-hair donors, and students (i.e. the least likely to cause problems).
Back to the top

Rick said

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

old dominion and utep have brought their band before. One other but I can't remember. 
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2015, 4:59 PM #347740

Are you serious? I don't recall a visiting band ever being in our stadium…could be wrong though - wouldn't be the first time!
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2015, 7:12 PM #347745

We have never played UTEP at FAU.  I dont think we've ever played UTEP period…. :Thinking:

Back to the top
Control functions: