Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Charlotte Game Thread - September 26th, 2015

Add topic

I just read a story that made stop and think . In my opinion, and remember I'm no expert, one of my biggest concerns with FAU football has been the play calling and flow of our offense. In the story our OC is featured and he says, and these are my words, that he thinks he is doing a fine job. Maybe his best year of play calling. He feels that he is being very aggressive. I re read the story and didn't know what to think. Maybe my opinion of our O is way off. Maybe he is correct. After all, he is the expert. I think I know football. This O has had me scratching my head for a couple of years.The decisions have left me wondering if I really know anything about football. I want to give some advice to anyone that is getting interviewed. If you have a job, and the results of your job are poor (1-8 over the last nine games),never ever talk about how you think that you are doing fine at your job. Say something like, we are working at getting better. This story makes me question our O more.
Back to the top

I read that article at all and it made me DEEPLY concerned about our future.

IMHO he is way of base in only blaming the poor quality of O on the players. Yes they have to execute and hold onto the ball. But I just saw with my own two eyes in person (sitting with many players families I will add) and witnessed a REAL BAD GAME.

It was not the rain, it was very light most of the day and evening up there in Charlotte. It was ALSO the very very poor play calling and not seming to recognize the D all the while the Charlotte D seemed to know what was coming at them almost all of the time. We had HOW MANY 3 and outs in the 2nd half and eevn while NURSING a 10 pt. lead were throwng dangerous pases in that rain at a D that had onbiously watched our game films and KNEW OUR TENDANCIES!

I think evryone there knew something bad was going to happen well before the pick 6!

I will finish this by saying I was a supporter of giving the HC job to Coach Wright after the great finish to the '13 season. We did dominate those we were supposed to dominate. We don't and have not done that since the Tulsa game last year. We have gotten worse and not better. i do belive the turnovers are due to soft limited contact practices but the plays being called ARE NOT putting our players in a position to be successful.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I will finish this by saying I was a supporter of giving the HC job to Coach Wright after the great finish to the '13 season. We did dominate those we were supposed to dominate. We don't and have not done that since the Tulsa game last year. We have gotten worse and not better. i do belive the turnovers are due to soft limited contact practices but the plays being called ARE NOT putting our players in a position to be successful.
Posted On: Sep 30th 2015, 4:19 PM #349901

I'm never in the "fire the HC" (after a Win no less) camp but Georgia Owl really makes some good points, we are really not putting our Offence in a good place to win, we have the talent, we are just missing the hard practice and great play calling.

Back to the top

And in an effort to see good football played in Boca this year,I just renewed my Boca Bowl tickets. Some how I will watch good ball in Boca this year.
Back to the top
Control functions: