Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Rename 20th Street" Movement

Add topic

fauowl said

I inquired to SG regarding the 20th Street naming process. Here is the response:

Update on 20th Street: It was announced at the Boca House Meeting today that the 20th street renaming project is on pause while the university works out some of the politics involved . It will come back once all of that is resolved.

I think that was where we were 10 years ago as well. :Yawn2:
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2016, 7:21 AM #353934

Thanks for the update!

I wonder what the "politics" are considering that both the university and the City already agreed to the project. Perhaps the City wants the university wants to pay for the change - that is to say, pay for the application fees to whatever state agency to review it, buy new street signs, etc

That said, it would be nice if SG could at least give us the final choice(s) they were going to present to the City Council so we know what we're working with here.
Back to the top

@Owlmart..So true. When I go to an away game, I look for a street name that just about leads me to the stadium. First I look for a University Dr., St.,Blvd., and the a Stadium Dr., St. , whatever.  K.I.S.S. works very well in this situation.
Back to the top

If we want the name change I have NO PROBLEM with FAU paying the fees for applictions and even the signage itself. Maybe besides saying Florida Atlantic Blvd. (FAU Boulevard another option - which on looks better?), it could be done in FAU Red/White & Blue too, not just ordinary street sign colors.

Either way, make (keep) it extremely OBVIOUS what that road leads too, the most beautiful entrance to school as well! Ya cross the bridge through the signs into a beautil tropical school environment! First impressions, ya know!
Back to the top

Would this be just for the street starting at the university and ending at the tracks or will it go all the way from Federal to the university.  From what I read, it's not very easy to change a street name and it's very costly.
Back to the top