Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME WEEK THREAD: FAU vs. UTSA & UTEP - Jan 12th & 14th, 2017

Add topic

Troutman 6 for 9 from 3pt line.  GREAT!  Rest of team 0 for 19.  Unacceptable.  Coach needs to give them more guidance on shot selection.

23 team fouls.  10 of which belonged to Delph and Pfist.  Both got to watch the last 3 minutes and OT from the bench.  We won't win any games with that formula.

FT shooting was horrible like normal.

Sydney Green never had this much talent on the roster.  Need a go to guy to fallback on to finish the game.  Very frustrating road trip.  Like a typical FAU sports team season, its been a season of almost and what if's.  Getting very old.
Back to the top

Exactly! Rest of TEAM 0 for 19! Is that a record, gotta be! W again do NOT have a go to guy to put up 25-30 most games, and with this much Major BB conference transfers, seem strange to me. That or something is wring with the coaching ar system or something.

The guys are close but……………3rd year…………………..

Sound familiar FAU fans?
Back to the top

Note the lack of outrage. That means lack of interest. That is a very very bad sign for Chun. No body cares that the team is bad.
Back to the top

Well 0 for 19 shooting from a D1 team will do that!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Note the lack of outrage. That means lack of interest. That is a very very bad sign for Chun. No body cares that the team is bad.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2017, 5:50 PM #365743

I'm just tired of complaining. Green, Doherty, Walters, Jarvis………. thats a lot of complaining.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Local Owl said

I'm just tired of complaining. Green, Doherty, Walters, Jarvis………. thats a lot of complaining.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2017, 7:17 PM #365745

Like I have been saying for years…we always replace the cog in the wheel every 3-5 years, but we haven't built the wheel yet for basketball.

We are now just seeing the wheel being built for football, and I don't mean the hiring of Lane Kiffin.  We have the stadium, we are now moving forward with the Schmidt Center, we have increased the pay of the head coach, and have increased the pay of the assistants.  That's building the wheel.  

It takes a while. Once we have a wheel, the cog (coach) in the wheel can then become less of a factor and when replaced doesn't require a rebuild.  

Curry is just fine, Jarvis was just fine, Walters was just fine, Doherty was just fine. We need the wheel.  But we need to build the football wheel first.  No complaints at all on how it is being built.  This University has come a long way in a very short time in my mind.  

Go Owls!
Back to the top

fauowl said

illinoisowl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 15th 2017, 7:17 PM #365745

Like I have been saying for years…we always replace the cog in the wheel every 3-5 years, but we haven't built the wheel yet for basketball.

We are now just seeing the wheel being built for football, and I don't mean the hiring of Lane Kiffin.  We have the stadium, we are now moving forward with the Schmidt Center, we have increased the pay of the head coach, and have increased the pay of the assistants.  That's building the wheel.  

It takes a while. Once we have a wheel, the cog (coach) in the wheel can then become less of a factor and when replaced doesn't require a rebuild.  

Curry is just fine, Jarvis was just fine, Walters was just fine, Doherty was just fine. We need the wheel.  But we need to build the football wheel first.  No complaints at all on how it is being built.  This University has come a long way in a very short time in my mind.  

Go Owls!

Posted On: Jan 15th 2017, 7:57 PM #365746

:-]

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: