Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Greeks Go Dry

Add topic

According to the local media HERE, FAU Greeks have decided not to have alcohol at chapter-inspired events including the tailgate this weekend.

Impressive initiative.

Thoughts?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

According to the local media HERE, FAU Greeks have decided not to have alcohol at chapter-inspired events including the tailgate this weekend.

Impressive initiative.

Thoughts?
Posted On: Nov 30th 2017, 6:19 PM #374408

lol Rick posted the letter this is not their choice.

Like 6 kids had alcohol poisoning the last tailgate so IFC decided to put a stop to alcohol events until they can figure out some new guidelines. This is IFC basically giving themselves a 1 year bowl band before the NCAA comes down hard.
Back to the top

This is essentially sweeping the nation for Greeks.  I'd expect this to become SOP now; requiring third party vendors for all distribution of alcohol at Greek events.

How they will handle tailgates presents a challenge but I expect plain clothes officers to reappear in huge numbers like the Lockhart days.
Back to the top

What is happening at lots of other places is that the student tailgates (Greek or otherwise) have to pay for a spot based on the size, and they have to be approved ahead of time for each game.  And the policing of the spots gets seriously cranked-up.  That is common throughout many other schools in the South (both big and small).  I have seen it have a major impact on student attendance, and have left very visible tailgate spots turn into near ghost towns at some venues.
Back to the top
Control functions: