Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

2018-19 C-USA BOWL SCHEDULE

NEW MEXICO BOWL (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Saturday, December 15
North Texas vs. Utah State (ESPN)                      2 p.m.

NEW ORLEANS BOWL (New Orleans, Louisiana)

Saturday, December 15
Middle Tennessee vs. Appalachian State (ESPN)  9 p.m.

BOCA RATON BOWL (Boca Raton, Florida)

Tuesday, December 18
UAB vs. Northern Illinois (ESPN)                      7 p.m.

GASPARILLA BOWL (Tampa Bay, Florida)

Thursday, December 20
Marshall vs. South Florida (ESPN)                     8 p.m

BAHAMAS BOWL (Nassau, Bahamas)

Friday, December 21
FIU vs. Toledo (ESPN)                                      12:30 p.m.

HAWAI’I BOWL (Honolulu, Hawai’i)

Wednesday, December 22
Louisiana Tech vs. Hawai’i (ESPN)                      10:30 p.m.

==========================================

FIU vs. Toledo in the 2018 Bahamas Bowl is a go!

Bahamas Bowl 2018, Toledo vs. FIU: Where, when, and team info - SBNation.com

All I can say is THANK GOD THEY ARE NOT PLAYING IN OUR HOUSE!!!!! Especially as we kicked their behinds in our ONLY solid game of the yeer!

As I see it, we met ONE Goal this year - beat FIU - all others blown big time by a way below mediocree Coaching staff (BAD is another word for it and far more accurate IMHO!!).
Back to the top

Just had to post this article just to show the picture. Click the article link, this is the opening coin toss for a game which could have given them the CUSA East title! And remember, Marshall travels well!!!!

While the home finale was a disappointment, FIU is headed to the Bahamas Bowl - Underdog Dynasty

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I can see FIU winning that game.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU (8-4 overall, 6-2 in Conference USA play) will be led to its fourth all-time bowl appearance by head coach Butch Davis, who is in his second season (16-9 record) at FIU and his 12th season as a college head coach (95-52 overall record at FIU, North Carolina and Miami). The 2018 Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl will be the second consecutive bowl game for the Panthers as FIU played in the 2017 Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl under Davis’ direction.

The Panthers come into the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl with victories in six of their last eight games and have tied the school record for wins for the second straight season.  FIU’s 6-2 league record was its best since joining Conference USA in 2013.

“We’re thrilled for our team to play in the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl - which is our second-consecutive bowl game - and get a chance to enjoy the Bahamian culture,” FIU Head Coach Butch Davis said. “The Atlantis resort is one of the best facilities in the world and we’re excited to enjoy their hospitality. Toledo is a very good football program and our kids are excited for the challenge. Hopefully, this provides our team with an opportunity to cap the season on a high note.”

Toledo (7-5, 5-3 in Mid-American Conference play) will be led to its’ 18th all-time bowl appearance by head coach Jason Candle, who is in his third full season (28-12) as a college head coach (all at Toledo). The 2018 Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl will be the fifth-straight bowl game for the Rockets, and the eighth in the last nine seasons. This will be the fourth bowl game for the Rockets under Candle’s direction, as he was named head coach prior to the 2015 Boca Raton Bowl, and in all three full seasons as Toledo’s head coach.

The Rockets come into the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl on a two-game win streak and victories in four of their final five regular season games.
Back to the top

I kinda stopped when I saw Butch Davis at 16-9.  By comparison, the Lane Train is 16-10 after these first 2 seasons in South Florida.  I expect Davis to keep FIU around an 8-win team each season that he stays and to make bowl games.  I hope Lane can do the same, but we need to see some high school recruiting versus relying on the Grad transfers and last chance U mentality if we want longer-term success.

Sorry - pretty big digress from the topic.  Just concerning to me all the hoopla that has followed Kiffin since both guys have the same amount of wins and only 1 will have 2 bowl appearances.  Davis can actually be 17-9 after the bowl giving him a better overall record (although he is 0-2 against the Owls!!!).
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I kinda stopped when I saw Butch Davis at 16-9.  By comparison, the Lane Train is 16-10 after these first 2 seasons in South Florida.  I expect Davis to keep FIU around an 8-win team each season that he stays and to make bowl games.  I hope Lane can do the same, but we need to see some high school recruiting versus relying on the Grad transfers and last chance U mentality if we want longer-term success.

Sorry - pretty big digress from the topic.  Just concerning to me all the hoopla that has followed Kiffin since both guys have the same amount of wins and only 1 will have 2 bowl appearances.  Davis can actually be 17-9 after the bowl giving him a better overall record (although he is 0-2 against the Owls!!!).
Posted On: Nov 27th 2018, 10:16 PM #383821

Butch is a great coach he built UM. I just saw a lack of focus from FAU players and coaches all year. I know the change in coordinators hurt but I think it was a little more as well. I saw the recruiting slump as well before the season. Maybe Lane was looking for his next gig but something was off.
Back to the top

Louisiana Tech has accepted a bid to play in the Hawai’i Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 22 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. The game will air nationally on ESPN and ESPN Radio at 9:30 p.m. CT on Dec. 22 as the Bulldogs face off against the Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors of the Mountain West Conference.

This marks the fifth straight season Louisiana Tech will make a bowl appearance with the Bulldogs having won the previous four bowl games dating back to 2014.

“On behalf of the Hawai‘i Bowl Executive Committee, I’m proud to announce this thrilling match-up between Louisiana Tech University and the University of Hawai‘i and congratulate both teams on successful seasons,” Hawai‘i Bowl Executive Director Daryl Garvin said. “What better location to end a football season than the beautiful and scenic island of O‘ahu.”

Louisiana Tech (7-5, 5-3 C-USA) enters the bowl matchup as the only team in Conference USA to compete in five straight bowl games. LA Tech is also the only team in the league to win seven or more games in each of the last five seasons.

The Bulldogs will face a Hawai’i team that posted an 8-5 overall record this season with a 5-3 mark in the Mountain West. The Rainbow Warriors have notched wins over Colorado State, Navy, Rice, Duquesne, San Jose State, Wyoming, UNLV and San Diego State.
Back to the top

Wonder how Parr did in the Duquesne game. No doubt in my mind he would have been our starter this yr… UAB will be playing in the Boca Bowl. It’s quickly become the premier C-USA bowl that the champs play in
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Wonder how Parr did in the Duquesne game. No doubt in my mind he would have been our starter this yr… UAB will be playing in the Boca Bowl. It’s quickly become the premier C-USA bowl that the champs play in
Posted On: Nov 28th 2018, 3:43 PM #383833

Idk if he would have been the starter, but he would have had opportunities for sure
Back to the top

DANIEL PARR AT FCS DUQUENSE THIS YEAR; 60.6% FOR 2287 YRDS (7.97 PER ATTEMPT) WITH A 20-9 td-int RATIO. NOT BAD!
Back to the top
Control functions: