Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Official Visitors Weekend of January 18th, 2019

Add topic

The Owls will play host to another group of potential Owls this weekend and FAUowlsnest.com has been able to confirm three players who will be making the trip to Boca:

Jordan Jefferson DL - Coach Eric Mathis will try and secure his second Dline commit of the cycle in the large 6'4 270 lb Panhandle product. Jefferson(Pictured above via Pensacola News Journal)who holds 18 offers from G5 and FCS programs still has visits to ULL and Akron after he comes to Boca this weekend. Players with Jefferson frame are hard to come by this late in the cycle and would be a big win for FAU.

Marlon Bradly DE - After transferring from Trinity Christian in Orlando to Deltona high, Bradly opted not to play football his Junior year and focus on basketball where he earned first-team All-Area honors. He has now burst onto the scene as a football player his earning Orlando Sentinel All-Area second-team honors. It is very common to teams go after the 6'5 230Lb basketball framed players and work to mold them into defensive ends.

Federico Maranges OL - The Miami Columbus Olinmen received an FAU offer just this week and will quickly make his way up to Boca raton this weekend. Federico made Miami Dade's south all-star team and could be a fast pc commit for the Owls.
Back to the top

Also on campus this weekend twin brothers from The Lonestar State, and a coveted RB/LB prospect:

Cameron Overton
WR
6-3, 185
Parish Episcopal High School
Dallas, TX

• 63 receptions for 1229 yards and 18 TD’s while averaging 19.5 yards a catch.

Season highlights - Cameron Overton highlights - Hudl

Kahlil Overton
WR
6-4, 195
Parish Episcopal High School
Dallas, TX

• 48 receptions for 830 yards and 10 TD’s while averaging 18.5 yards a catch.

Season Highlights - Kahlil Overton highlights - Hudl

Tye Edwards
RB/LB
6-2, 220
Pedro Menendez High School
Saint Augustine, FL

TYE EDWARDS Jr. Year #14 - Tye Edwards highlights - Hudl

Latrell Jean
DE
6/3, 250
Lakeland High School
Lakeland, FL
Back to the top

The Overton brothers both look very good, long with the ability to catch the ball at it's high point!

And Mr. Edwards looks terrific! A bigger, faster Motor!!!!!!!!!

Go get 'em Coaches.
Back to the top

I actually went to the same high school as Tye Edwards (some 9 years earlier) and worked there a few years after graduating from FAU. My point is I actually tutored him as a freshman and I have kept a bit of an eye on his HS career. He played primarily running back if I remember correctly but he had offers from the pretty much the entire SEC to play linebacker last I checked. I’m pretty surprised FAU even got a visit. I won’t get my hopes up but it’s still pretty cool. 
Back to the top

That’s some good kids we’re hosting and some great reporting from OC. Not sure about the new avatar but great reporting nonetheless
Back to the top

Added to the list up top:

Latrell Jean
DE
6/3, 250
Lakeland High School
Lakeland, FL

Serious prospect with SEC, B10, and ACC offers.
Back to the top
Control functions: