Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Re: 2011

A little Deja Vu?  JVC year = Danny Embick year? 
Back to the top

Not even close, IMO...
Back to the top

Really?  One year starter, probably a solid D1 QB talent, but lacking in experience on the line and on the edges. 
Back to the top

Baller07 said

Really?  One year starter, probably a solid D1 QB talent, but lacking in experience on the line and on the edges.
Embick wasn't a pro style QB.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Embick wasn't a pro style QB.

and your point is?  Wasn't comparing the style of qb play.  It was more of a comparison of lack of experience on the line and wide out. 
Back to the top

The O-line will start from scratch basically…

All positions are up for grabs…players will need to prove themselves…aside from:

Niblack, who is VERY likely to be a starter…

After that, up for grabs…

We have plenty of talent at the WR spot…no issues there…actually, quite a nice bunch :)

Accordingly, would be very surprised to see the offense stay the same…more wide out sets would seem likely…

Jackson said that he wanted to get to a 50-50 mix in play calling during the season last year…just not sure how you can do that with the OL situation for the upcoming year…

Back to the top

owlmart said

expectations are a lot lower than they were the past two seasons….good thing imo

Agreed…a little dose of humility has been served to.

Things aren't that bad…sure there will be some position filled with less experience players, but the talent level is far above what we've had in the past…it won't take as long to develop like before.

I see an infusion of younger players filling-in role this season…the best players will play.

This will be a very interesting Spring & Summer session…looking forward to see what transpires.

Back to the top

Rick said

All positions are up for grabs…players will need to prove themselves…aside from:

We have plenty of talent at the WR spot…no issues there…actually, quite a nice bunch :)

Accordingly, would be very surprised to see the offense stay the same…more wide out sets would seem likely…

Jackson said that he wanted to get to a 50-50 mix in play calling during the season last year…just not sure how you can do that with the OL situation for the upcoming year…

You think so Rick?  I think they are the most suspect bunch on the field.  Jean drops too many, Holley cant get seperation or break tackles for YAC and I haven't seen anybody else do anything.

Are the up and coming WR's talented?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm curious to the reasoning why this thread is titled 2011, while we are obviously discussing this season?
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

Jean hasn't dropped a pass in 3 years!!! You're thinking of freshman Jean…Bonner was the one dropping passes last year, Lester is good IMO

You think so Rick?  I think they are the most suspect bunch on the field.  Jean drops too many, Holley cant get seperation or break tackles for YAC and I haven't seen anybody else do anything.

Are the up and coming WR's talented?
Back to the top
Control functions: