Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Alumni Donations Lowest in State

Add topic

Re: FAU Alumni Donations Lowest in State

Exit39 said

this is what f'ing pisses me off about the school. I was looking to hire 3 people, a summer intern, a office assistant and a junior trader. i emailed the college of business and put 5 emails of professors and deans. One got back to me ab out 2 weeks later with an email and someone from the career center told me i had to fill out all these forms.

how f'ing dumb is that? you do them a favor and you try to give back and they just f it up.

i did the same thing at university of chicago school of booth, sent them job descriptions and in a week i had over 200 resumes. too many dumbasses at FAU. it needs a house cleaning.

it was the same god damn story when i tried to throw that alumni party in NYC. there must be 10,000 alumni in the area and i was the only one there for 3 quarters, then two other guys showed. pathetic.

i liked brogan but i hope this new president cleans house. I give money to athletics but i'm not giving a dollar to the college of business or anything else to i see some changes.
 You should really send this complaint to the new president or someone high up their if no ones hears about the problem they wont know it exists  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Exit39 said

this is what f'ing pisses me off about the school. I was looking to hire 3 people, a summer intern, a office assistant and a junior trader. i emailed the college of business and put 5 emails of professors and deans. One got back to me ab out 2 weeks later with an email and someone from the career center told me i had to fill out all these forms.

how f'ing dumb is that? you do them a favor and you try to give back and they just f it up.

i did the same thing at university of chicago school of booth, sent them job descriptions and in a week i had over 200 resumes. too many dumbasses at FAU. it needs a house cleaning.

it was the same god damn story when i tried to throw that alumni party in NYC. there must be 10,000 alumni in the area and i was the only one there for 3 quarters, then two other guys showed. pathetic.

i liked brogan but i hope this new president cleans house. I give money to athletics but i'm not giving a dollar to the college of business or anything else to i see some changes.
 You should really send this complaint to the new president or someone high up their if no ones hears about the problem they wont know it exists

Haha, be sure to send it with the same discourse…it'll be really effective.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

What was our donation percantage 2 years ago?  Not sure if anyone can find that, but what I'm getting at is a general decline in donations as the economy crashed and people lost jobs or extra incomes.  I've given a little bit the last two years as part of the "Send a kid to a bowl" promotion, and while it is a small amount (usually $90-$100 for two tickets), it's really all I can do.  This year I'm not even sure that I will be able to do it, but I will try.  I really wanted to buy a "brick" for the stadium, but it will have to wait.  I'm curious to see if the decline (if there is one) in donations is comparable with other schools over the last 2-3 years.  Obviously the scale of donatios between UF and FAU are nowhere near eachother, but maybe the % loss is similar.  Just a thought. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Do the owl club donations count?  THe $100 to sit between the 40s for football?
Back to the top

mh2os said

Do the owl club donations count?  THe $100 to sit between the 40s for football?

Yes!
Back to the top

Wow. The donations are even lower than fgcu and famu. That is bad.
Back to the top

Owl said

I think that is pretty evident since the title of the thread is:

"FAU Alumni Donations Lowest in State"

;)
Back to the top

LOL!!!!! ;D
Back to the top

Owl said

Just the percentage of graduates that donate though, so the numbers can be deceiving.  FGCU has how many grads?  Money wise I think we look better with some of our graduates paying enough to get buildings on campus named after them (although I don't have the figures, just a guess).
Back to the top
Control functions: