Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU /South Carolina Watch Parties

Add topic

Re: FAU /South Carolina Watch Parties

OWLUMNI said

Our new TRUE BLUE Campaign is encouraging people to just keep their contact information updated.

Just curious why it was TRUE BLUE and not trying to build on this OWL COUNTRY idea?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

OWLUMNI said

Our new TRUE BLUE Campaign is encouraging people to just keep their contact information updated.

Just curious why it was TRUE BLUE and not trying to build on this OWL COUNTRY idea?

I am sorry I do not understand your question.
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

owlcountry said

OWLUMNI said

I am sorry I do not understand your question.

Meaning for the TRUE BLUE campaign it was decided to promote the idea of joining the Alumni Association to be "TRUE BLUE to FAU" as opposed to something working in the Owl Country theme like "WE ARE OWL COUNTRY. JOIN FAU NAA TODAY." I know the Owl Country thing is popping up here and there around campus. For instance, I saw it on a student pocket guide/calendar recently.
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Fledgling said

OWLUMNI said

It is not possible for us to give a volunteer a list of phone numbers, emails, or addresses because of privacy issues.  For instance, let's say that someone comes to us and to plan a watch party, with good intentions, but then get s a job selling knives.  Then they can illegally steal your contact information for their own personal use and solicit.  And we all love solicitors.

WRONG.  You can get the persons contact information if they agree to give it to you. Trust me, I get mailing lists all the time for my business for kids under the age of 18.  It is not impossible as long as you sign a waiver that you won't sell names and addresses to outside vendors or parties.  That sounds like an excuse from someone that took one look at you and one look at your idea and decided it was too much work for them.

I understand and agree with your point.  Those mailing list that you get are they from a State University?  The reason why I ask, is that when I was an undergrad at FAU they published a directory with everyone's email.  A few years passed and they stopped publishing the actual email address.  I am not educated on the law of this, maybe someone is on the board, if even there is a law.

I am not saying that "I" cannot get the email addresses.  I am saying that FAU protects the privacy of all its Alumni and donors. We have a great communications department that provides me with the information that I request and they have never complained.  Believe me, I am on your side on this one.  I want to see FAU GROW and Watch parties be amazing, but I also want you and everyone on this board to realize that we are working to make FAU a traditional University.

Oh I know man, I know you're wanting to get it done.  I just don't think FAU knows how, honestly.  You know what you should do? See if you can track down some UCF or USF alumni that do this.  FAU doesn't have the answers, so you might be better off figuring out how other schools are getting it done.

FAU can protect the privacy of its donors and alumni, but I never signed a waiver saying No I am not interested to be alerted of any fau "news or updates".  They are completely shafting you.  They cannot release names to outside VENDORS.  You aren't a vendor, but that's the only rule FAU knows about and they clearly don't understand your "end game".

And no, I get my contact information from school districts.  We get the students home addresses so we can send yearbook order forms home to parents.  It's extremely effective.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: