Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAUNAA reception with Jarvis - blog and pics

Add topic

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAUNAA reception with Jarvis - blog and pics

Mike Jarvis has become an Owl. Its great to see him out there promoting.

Per the discussion at the reception, we've talked about changing conferences and 99% of the discussion has been about football and the facilities needed for the Big East. We never talked about will we have the facilities for BE basketball. Looks like we don't and won't for a while.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Good point, illinoisowl.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

With the difficulties of getting all the pieces together for the football stadium, it could be a while before the convocation center enters the picture  - which is too bad really.

And let's not forget the renovations that are in dire needs for the baseball stadium as well.

Back to the top

Nice article Smitty.  I think C-USA makes the most sense for FAU for the next move.  People can keep dreaming of the Big East move but it just isn't going to happen.  Building  the stadium and the move to C-USA are the next two big events for FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Thanks Dusky.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Nice article Smitty.  I think C-USA makes the most sense for FAU for the next move.  People can keep dreaming of the Big East move but it just isn't going to happen.  Building  the stadium and the move to C-USA are the next two big events for FAU. 

Agree…
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Agreed 100%
Back to the top

Bytor said

With the difficulties of getting all the pieces together for the football stadium, it could be a while before the convocation center enters the picture  - which is too bad really.

And let's not forget the renovations that are in dire needs for the baseball stadium as well.

Wouldn't the Convocation Center be built with state money though, since it will be used for university events like graduations? I thought the Capital Improvements lists showed FAU getting money for it by 2012… although I know some of those things shift around. For instance, something called the Center for Peace and Social Justice has been on there forever.

The Arena is a big deal though. Not just for basketball; we can finally get bigger name comedians and musical acts to perform here. If they're smart, FAU will allow outside vendors to book the space.

I do believe that's the plan.

Back to the top

FAUNAA reception with Jarvis - blog and pics

owlcountry said

Bytor said

Wouldn't the Convocation Center be built with state money though, since it will be used for university events like graduations? I thought the Capital Improvements lists showed FAU getting money for it by 2012… although I know some of those things shift around. For instance, something called the Center for Peace and Social Justice has been on there forever.

The Arena is a big deal though. Not just for basketball; we can finally get bigger name comedians and musical acts to perform here. If they're smart, FAU will allow outside vendors to book the space.

I do believe that's the plan.

I didn't realize that it was part of the plan for '12, just thought the priority for it wasn't that high on the list, especially with all the cuts that have been taken place. 
Back to the top
Control functions: