Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014-2015 CUSA Basketball Discussion

Add topic

Does anyone want to talk about Dennis freaking Mavin right now? Kid is all over ESPN!
Back to the top

This should be in red…..He can't be on ESPN, he doesn't play defense.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

This should be in red…..He can't be on ESPN, he doesn't play defense.
Posted On: Mar 11th 2015, 9:38 PM #343487

I will assume that is a shot at me mac.  touché.

The sad thing is that we have a baseball team in the top 25 and we would rather be negative about something we cannot control instead of promoting what is right about the program.

Owls Up!
Back to the top

Well, technically, it's a CUSA basketball discussion so it's relevant, especially to us. Good for him.

And I'm holding out on the baseball team, long season ahead, our conference isnt a pushover and we were top 25 last year before all of the players got scurvy and their arms fell off. 
Back to the top

@fauowl, it was actually more of  a hit on Jarvis. You had mentioned that you thought there were issues between the two of them because he doesn't play defense. But now he is on ESPN. Just showing that Jarvis made a mistake..@teambeer.. this was game #5 in just 6 days. Though six days. We will be fine.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Well, technically, it's a CUSA basketball discussion so it's relevant, especially to us. Good for him.

And I'm holding out on the baseball team, long season ahead, our conference isnt a pushover and we were top 25 last year before all of the players got scurvy and their arms fell off. 
Posted On: Mar 12th 2015, 5:21 AM #343491

Sorry, I was directing my comment elsewhere.  Your comment is very relevant.  Heck of a shot. His body was in good position. I bet he could make that shot a good percent of the time considering where he started his leap.  My son told me FIU made an amazing shot. I said, please tell me it wasn't Dennis Mavin.  Now we probably get to enjoy it on ESPN's best-of-the-best all day long.
Back to the top

Results from Wednesday:

(10) FIU 57, (7) UTSA 54

(6) Middle Tennessee 63, (11) Charlotte 60

(5) WKU 59, (12) Marshall 45

(8) North Texas 54, (9) Rice 82
Back to the top

Rick said

Guest said

His claim to fame was family friend had their kid come play and he was a stud. I think his name was Williams, after he left, it was all over…
Posted On: Mar 10th 2015, 12:19 PM #343429
Robert Williams never averaged more than 8 points a game in a season and was a 3rd or 4th option for the most part offensively…do you mean Raheim Brown? He was the guy who teamed up with Crumbley to send us to The Big Dance and played on the same teams as Williams.

Posted On: Mar 10th 2015, 3:05 PM #343431

Yes...Brown was who I was thinking of.
Back to the top

Half court shot has worn off now, back to reality.

Miners are up by 23.

Back to the top

Thursday's Quarterfinal results…Blue Raiders are the only seed lower than 4 to remain alive, knocking off ODU:

(2) UTEP 83, (10) FIU 71
(6) Middle Tennessee 59, (3) Old Dominion 52
(4) UAB 53, (5) WKU 52
(1) Louisiana Tech 70, (9) Rice 64
Back to the top
Control functions: