Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

jgf2017 said

It looks like Marshall's got this one in the bag. If MTSU wins were 2-2. I guess we're next up on Tuesday so we could make it 3-2
Posted On: Dec 16th 2017, 7:22 PM #375396
You are prophetic! The Owls turn now, be there all Owl fans who can be, no excuses, call in if ya have too! :Big-Grin:Can't afford another trip down now (yes - blows!) but will be going into Atlanta for a watch party so will be seeing all of you on TV.

Also, I love the story about Owl Coaches strapping on the gear and helping prep the guys for this game- taking it
VERY SERIOUSLY IT SEEMS - GOOD!!!! Go Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Back to the top

Back to the top

La Tech off to a great start in the Frisco Bowl…

21-3 as the 1st quarter of play comes to a close, with spectacular defense and special teams.

Another one of my "upset" selections.

:Smug:

Back to the top

Another pick-six for the Bulldogs!

28-3 11:31 2nd.

Starting to look like an FAU score.

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

42-10 Dawgs at the half.

Wow.

Back to the top

Wow. Didn't see this coming. La Tech crushes SMU 51-10. It feels great that a team from our conference blasted a team from the AAC. Now Conference USA is 4-2 in bowl games. This one sure is sweet, and yes it looks like an FAU score  :Laughing: Pysched about the remaining 3 games, now C-USA is one win away from a winning bowl season. So nice that a team we crushed delivered such a beat down to an AAC team.
Back to the top

This seems like a case where a coach left and a team just really didn't care about the bowl game.  Could the same hold true for the Southern Miss vs FSU game?

Generally speaking I don't read too much into a conference's overall bowl record since every game is so dependent on matchups and circumstances unless they all go the same kind of way.  But our game and this one should help change perceptions about the league that might have been set with UNT's beatdown.  A winning C-USA record will hopefully help FAU's cause for top-25 recognition, but it would have been better for us to beat somebody like SMU.

Nothing we can do about that, so now I am a fan of FIU, UAB, and Southern Miss.
Back to the top

I would love for southern miss to whomp on FSU... I really wish we had that game for ourselves...

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I am a owl said

I would love for southern miss to whomp on FSU… I really wish we had that game for ourselves…
Posted On: Dec 21st 2017, 11:19 AM #375792

I dont see that happening considering UT beat Southern Miss fairly easily
Back to the top

Temple with the 7-0 lead late in the first half. Apparently McGough got hurt and may be out for the game. That could be backbreaking for FIU. Not good.
Back to the top
Control functions: