Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 C-USA Football Early Signees

Add topic

This below link to PDF summary is as of tonight, looks like a number of programs signed a bunch of guys…the rest (including FAU) will not announce the class until February.

I am somewhat surprised by the numbers put up, while we sit at six.

C-USA Early Signees 12-20-17 PM

Back to the top

Not sure if anyone has taken notice yet but FIU pulled in a pretty solid class last week…

I am very perplexed as to why we only have six pledges, but like other's have stated hopefully Kiffin has some aces up his sleeve.

Otherwise, it makes ZERO sense that we are going to be going after leftovers…
Back to the top

Rick said

Not sure if anyone has taken notice yet but FIU pulled in a pretty solid class last week…

I am very perplexed as to why we only have six pledges, but like other's have stated hopefully Kiffin has some aces up his sleeve.

Otherwise, it makes ZERO sense that we are going to be going after leftovers…
Posted On: Dec 26th 2017, 1:06 PM #375923

FIU pulled in a monster class highlighted by 2 legit 4 star JUCOs, one with a somewhat questionable background, but still. Honestly, good for them. As we have seen, JUCO's can be a crapshoot, but if I were them I'd obviously be happy with the results.

I didn't think LK would announce everyone in this class in the early signing period, but 5 players (think one may have not signed yet) may be the lowest I've seen in D1(?). Sounds like he is holding his cards close to the vest and going after some legit "bigger fish" that got left out of the early signing period for whatever reason. Not worried.
Back to the top

There were five…the release wasn't left open ended, and made a statement:

"…the Florida Atlantic University football team inked five newcomers to the 2018 roster on Wednesday's early national signing day."

We could have signed more Thursday and Friday that were not announced, but that would seem highly doubtful given the way information travels these days.
Back to the top

FIU seems to be putting their faith in this guy for QB…

James Morgan, Bowling Green, Pro-Style Quarterback
Back to the top

Rick said

FIU seems to be putting their faith in this guy for QB…

James Morgan, Bowling Green, Pro-Style Quarterback
Posted On: Jan 25th 2018, 9:15 PM #376678
They have loaded up this cycle. Butch still has some recruiting chops left. They needed a QB badly and this guy should be better than what they have.
Back to the top

Don't think he is eligible to play this season…

Thought they had a coaching change, but upon further review, no.

In any event, didn't light it up this past season, before being replaced:

Morgan played in seven games in 2017 and completed 96-of-212 passes (45.3 percent) for 1,260 yards and nine touchdowns with seven interceptions.

The previous year he had more TD's but INT's were just about as equal (16, 15).

Back to the top
Control functions: