Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

2019 C-USA BOWL SCHEDULE

BAHAMAS BOWL (Nassau, Bahamas)

Friday, December 20

Charlotte vs. Buffalo (ESPN)  2 p.m.

BOCA RATON BOWL (Boca Raton, Florida)

Saturday, December 21

Florida Atlantic vs. SMU (ABC) 2:30 p.m.

CAMELLIA BOWL (Montgomery, Alabama)

Saturday, December 21

FIU vs. Arkansas State (ESPN) 4:30 p.m.

NEW ORLEANS BOWL (New Orleans, Louisiana)

Saturday, December 21

UAB vs. Appalachian State (ESPN) 9 p.m.

GASPARILLA BOWL (Tampa Bay, Florida)

Monday, December 23

Marshall vs. UCF (ESPN) 2:30 p.m.

INDEPENDENCE BOWL (Shreveport, Louisiana)

Thursday, December 26

Louisiana Tech vs. Miami (ESPN) 4 p.m.

FIRST RESPONDER BOWL (Dallas, Texas)

Monday, December 30

WKU vs. Western Michigan (ESPN) 12:30 p.m.

ARMED FORCES BOWL (Fort Worth, Texas)

Saturday, January 4

Southern Miss vs. Tulane (ESPN) 11:30 a.m.

Back to the top

The Charlotte 49ers, who rode a five-game win streak to bowl eligibility, have announced that they have accepted an invitation to compete in the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl in the program's first-ever bowl appearance.

"We are extremely excited for our university, our team and our fans to accept an invitation to the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl," said 49ers Director of Athletics Mike Hill. "We couldn't imagine a better setting for our first-ever bowl game. This team has demonstrated incredible resilience and earned this opportunity. Niner Nation can't wait to head to the Bahamas!"

The 2019 Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl will be held Dec. 20 at 2:00 p.m. ET at 15,000-seat Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium in Nassau, Bahamas. Charlotte (7-5) will face Buffalo, which went 7-5, this season, with a 5-3 mark in the Mid-American Conference. The Bulls have won five of their last six games.

Charlotte's school-record five-game win streak to close the regular-season came in Conference USA play as Charlotte finished a school-best 5-3 in the league.

"We are ecstatic to accept an invitation to play in the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl," said 49ers head coach Will Healy. "It means so much to me that this group, especially our outstanding seniors — our Gold Standard — will have a chance to play together one more time. To do it in paradise? We couldn't ask for anything more. Nothing will ever change the fact that this team was the first to go to a bowl game in Charlotte Football history. That's incredible, and I am so proud of everyone who worked so hard to make this a reality."

The 49ers powerful offense is led by versatile quarterback Chris Reynolds and 1,000-yard rusher Benny LeMay.  The 49ers defense is headlined by defensive end Alex Highsmith, the 49ers all-time sack king, and linebacker Jeff Gemmell, who recently recorded his program-best 300th career tackle.

"As proud as we are to be in this position after five consecutive wins, we aren't satisfied," Healy added. "We've been saying for weeks that our goal is to win a bowl game, not just to qualify for one. So we'll have to work hard in the coming weeks to prepare for an excellent Buffalo team. But we are so excited to have this challenge and an opportunity to share a bowl experience together."

This will be the first meeting between Buffalo and Charlotte.  Conference USA leads the all-time Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl series, 3-2 over the MAC.
Back to the top

2nd C-USA Bowl is FAU vs SMU in the Boca Raton Bowl:

BREAKING: FAU to 2019 Boca Raton Bowl vs SMU - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Important!
Posts from this topic have been moved by Rick. 3 posts have been transferred to BREAKING: FAU to 2019 Boca Raton Bowl vs SMU.
Important!

La Tech gets Miami…what a joke.

Back to the top

UAB gets a ranked App State.  Even though the Blazers will probably get their brains beat out, I would have preferred a trip to New Orleans and a shot at a ranked opponent.  Some people said they didn’t want to play App because I guess they were scared we could lose - but you have to play and beat teams like that if you ever want to get ranked. 

Out of all the games, I would have preferred App and then Miami in that order.  SMU would probably have been the next choice because of the opponent regardless of the location. 
Back to the top

App St is very good and I think they have the most to be upset about of any team. I think App St deserved a better opponent than FAU honestly, but instead they get a team that might be the 4th best in CUSA. 
I’d be happy to play them but it’s better for both schools to get a P5 opponent when they have a good year. 
Back to the top

There's no way App St is happy about getting UAB. If anyone got screwed, it was AppSt. They deserved much better.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

App St is very good and I think they have the most to be upset about of any team. I think App St deserved a better opponent than FAU honestly, but instead they get a team that might be the 4th best in CUSA. 
I’d be happy to play them but it’s better for both schools to get a P5 opponent when they have a good year. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 7:19 PM #391862

We got Akron in 2017 its their turn.
Back to the top

They are 12-1, beat 2 P5 teams and are ranked top 25 (FAU did none of those in 2017)they deserve better than UAB.

Just because we got the shaft in 2017 doesn’t mean they deserve it this year. 
Back to the top
Control functions: