Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-7-17

Add topic

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-7-17

The calendar turns to October and the conference matchups begin to heat up. Six league games are on Saturday’s schedule, with five division showdowns.

The East will have three divisional matchups, beginning with FIU at Middle Tennessee. Under first-year head coach Butch Davis, the Panthers are 3-1 for the first time since 2011. The Blue Raiders, who have won four of the last five in the series, are looking to get back on track after a loss to Florida Atlantic last Saturday.

Marshall will matchup with Charlotte in the Thundering Herd’s conference opener. The visiting team has won the only two meetings in the series, with the 49ers edging out a 27-24 victory in Huntington last year.

Florida Atlantic will play at Old Dominion, where the Owls came away with a win two years ago. The home team has yet to win in this series that began in 2014. FAU RB Devin Singletary is now tied for second in the FBS in rushing touchdowns with nine.  In his first 17 games at FAU, Singletary has 21 touchdowns.  He currently ranks 18th nationally with 492 rushing yards, just under 100 yards per game (98.4).

Louisiana Tech will visit UAB in the Blazers first CUSA game at home since Nov., 2014. The Bulldogs have won all five meetings in the series that began in 1996, including three at Legion Field.

Southern Miss will make a second straight visit to San Antonio to face UTSA. A matchup of two of the top defenses in C-USA in 2017, the Roadrunners registered a 55-32 victory last season at the Alamodome.

The lone cross-division game features WKU traveliing West to face UTEP. This will be the Hittoppers first trip to the Sun Bowl.

One non-conference game is on the schedule, as Rice hosts Army.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7

FIU at Middle Tennessee (ESPN3)                   3:00 pm

Louisiana Tech at UAB (CUSA TV)                   4:00 pm

Marshall at Charlotte (WCCB)                      6:00 pm

Florida Atlantic at Old Dominion (Stadium)        6:00 pm

Army at Rice (beIN)                                   6:30 pm

Southern Miss at UTSA (STAD FB/KMYS)      7:00 pm

WKU at UTEP (CUSA TV)                             8:00 pm

Back to the top

Besides FAU, I'll be rooting for Charlotte as well.

Charlotte let me (us) down last week… They had 1 freaking job to do…. anyways, I hope they take care of Marshall.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Besides FAU, I'll be rooting for Charlotte as well.

Charlotte let me (us) down last week… They had 1 freaking job to do…. anyways, I hope they take care of Marshall.

Posted On: Oct 3rd 2017, 4:34 PM #371604

I don't think Charlotte wins a game this year – they are that bad. They lost the two "winnable" games they had in "Charlotte fashion".
Back to the top

d-owl said

They lost the two "winnable" games they had in "Charlotte fashion".
Posted On: Oct 3rd 2017, 4:40 PM #371605

Or as they been saying for the last 3 seasons… in "FAU fashion"  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

North Texas AD smacks ESPN and Michigan State for use of "Mean Green"…love it.

Back to the top

Good for them and MSU is the SPARTANS ESPN - THE SPARTANS!!!!
Back to the top

FINAL:

FIU 17  MTSU 37

No, the Panthers are not a good team.
Back to the top

FINAL:

Louisiana Tech 22  UAB 23

The Blazers (3-2) were "supposed" to win just one game all year.
Back to the top

FINALS:

Marshall 14 Charlotte 3

FAU 58  Old Dominion 28
Back to the top

FINAL:

Army 49  Rice 12
Back to the top
Control functions: