Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-7-17

Add topic

FINAL:

Southern Miss 31  UTSA 29
Back to the top

FINAL:

WKU 15  UTEP 14

This is a VERY interesting score…

Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

WKU 15  UTEP 14

Posted On: Oct 7th 2017, 11:53 PM #371734

They are full on missing Brohm
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

FINAL:

WKU 15  UTEP 14

Posted On: Oct 7th 2017, 11:53 PM #371734

They are full on missing Brohm
Posted On: Oct 8th 2017, 12:21 AM #371735

Yup - missing Brohm and staff AND lost tons of talent. Why do you think Brohm left when he did for PURDUE - smart man IMHO! WKU cannot run the ball this year. Less than 400 yards THIS SEASON SO FAR!!!!!
Back to the top

Just Yesterday WKU won by ONE at UTEP (BAD team!), Marshall struggled big time with a BAD UNC-Charlotte, FIU ripped by MTSU, La. Tech LOST to UAB. In short, all 6 remaining games are very winnable and when we beat N. Texas AT HOME, we will be favored in ALL!

Get your friends and family out to FAU stadium to support the Owls vs. N. Texas next game!!!!Toughest remaining game on schedule IMHO. They run the ball real well too!!!! Win that game and we could go 9-3 regular season and undefeated in CUSA!!!

Go Owls!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Just Yesterday WKU won by onE at UTEP (BAD team!), Marshall struggled big time with a BAD UNC-Charlotte, FIU ripped by MTSU, La. Tech LOST to UAB. In short, all 6 remaining games are very winnable and when we beat N. Texas AT HOME, we will be favored in ALL!

Get your friends and family out to FAU stadium to support the Owls vs. N. Texas next game!!!!Toughest remaining game on schedule IMHO. They run the ball real well too!!!! Win that game and we could go 9-3 regular season and undefeated in CUSA!!!

Go Owls!!!!
Posted On: Oct 8th 2017, 9:11 AM #371741
It doesn't work like that in sports.  It's not transitive.

UNT has a more balanced attack than we do.  They can throw the ball down field and have a running game.  We should be dogs in that game +3.5 if you ask me.  We are going to have to get vertical with the passing game to win this one.

I wouldnt count on La Tech, WKU or Marshall being lay down games.  All will give us competitive games.  I would say all 3 are basically a coin flip.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

"It doesn't work like that in sports.  It's not transitive."

Oh I agree with ya walty, just pointing out they PRESENTLY are not playing very well and are not dominating much weaker teams like usual!
Back to the top

UTEP might be the worst team in the nation. I don't mean that to be disrespectful or to be over-dramatic. I've seen most of their games this year including losses to Oklahoma, Arizona, Army, and their biggest rival New Mexico State. Their HC Sean Kugler resigned last week. Being an alumni of UTEP, that's obviously a tough thing to do. But the Miners fought hard under the leadership of new-old head coach Mike Price. Sometimes, a little change up top is all you need to shake things up. But UTEP lacks the assistant coaches and the skill players to really improve much.

Charlotte might be the only team that can compete with the Miners when it comes to being the worst team in the nation.

UTEP and Charlotte, along with Texas State, UMass, Baylor, UConn, Coastal Carolina, San Jose, Georgia Southern, and a coin-toss between Kent State and Rice make up 10 the worst teams in the nation this year.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

After securing UAB’s first Conference USA win of the season with a blocked field goal on the final play of the game, UAB junior DE Stacy Keely has been named C-USA Special Teams Player of the Week.  The Offensive Player of the Week goes to Southern Miss senior RB Ito Smith, who had 178 rushing yards, including the longest TD run in school history in the Golden Eagles win at UTSA.  Defensive honors were given to Middle Tennessee junior LB Khalil Brooks, who had three sacks and five tackles for loss in the Blue Raiders win over FIU.  C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top

I have a feeling if we do, in fact, go undefeated in conference play, we still won't get enough credit and respect. Everyone will think that we have a weak conference. At least we'll get to go bowling.
Back to the top
Control functions: