Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-15-18

Add topic

I watched nearly all of this game and neither team looked very good, but Charlotte looked like the slightly better team.  ODU took it on the chin from Liberty, and Charlotte (regardless of the opponent's) is 2-1.  So the 49ers seem to be heading in a better direction than ODU right now, and that is saying something since I thought Charlotte was about as bad as you could be since moving up to FBS.
Back to the top

Well, they have beaten two bad teams and lost to a good one so we shall see...
Back to the top

Please don't think I am saying they are good (or even on their way to good).  Honestly, I think both schools should be FCS right now.  But relative to one another, Charlotte may back their way into 3 or 4 wins and pull themselves out of bottom 10 in America (still in the lower 20%, though).  ODU seems to be on their way to bottom 10 for a while.  And that is kind of odd, as the Norfolk/Newport News/Virginia Beach area is pretty fertile ground for football players.
Back to the top

Hey, I am not! We STILL have to win Sat. to get to those same 2 wins as UNCC! :)
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Please don't think I am saying they are good (or even on their way to good).  Honestly, I think both schools should be FCS right now.  But relative to one another, Charlotte may back their way into 3 or 4 wins and pull themselves out of bottom 10 in America (still in the lower 20%, though).  ODU seems to be on their way to bottom 10 for a while.  And that is kind of odd, as the Norfolk/Newport News/Virginia Beach area is pretty fertile ground for football players.
Posted On: Sep 14th 2018, 1:41 PM #380689
No, they issue they let bad coaches stick around to long.

ODU thought they could let Wilder ride it out after being good on the FCS level and had a good season his second yea on this level, but is now exposed. ODU has a lot of money and great fan support and should upgrade.
They should have canned him before he made it to midfield to shake the other coaches hand yesterday.

I spent three  years on this forum trying to explain to the were ''heading in the right direction'' why Charlie was way above his below class as a head coach. UNCC has an president that thinks tennis winning is just as important as football, so they let bad coach hang around.

The worst part is if UNCC manages to win 2-4 this year in a bad C-USA they will sell they "headlining in the right direction" and give him more chances.

With the amount of grad assistants schools have and camps and sharing of information they are so many great young developing coaches out there it's crazy to let old mediocre ones stick around *cough Stockstill cough*.
Back to the top

It was shocking when Charlotte didn't let go of Lambert last offseason. But their administration lacks the athletic vision that an up-and-coming school should have, so they are too apathetic to pull the trigger.

I like Wilder. I have been a believer of his (at least in the CUSA ranks) for a while now. But these last two games have been BAD. Yeah, they had to play a 17 year old at QB last year, but the offense has regressed. The defense might be the worst in CUSA. My mouth is watering for our date with the Monarchs.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FINAL:

Georgia 49  MTYSU 7
Back to the top

FINAL:

Tennessee 24  UTEP 0
Back to the top

FINAL:

UAB 31  Tulane 24
Back to the top

FINAL: