Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-15-18

Add topic

You are 100% correct.

And what we're saying, nay assuming, based upon the actions on the sideline is that there's a correlation with the on and off field actions.

This provides the idea, though it may not be factual. That's kinda how opinions work.

I'm with Rick - I'm moving on with this before it gets too negative.

I wish the players and coaches the best of luck with getting this dialed in and they have our continued support.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

The dancing thing, which I didn't notice, doesn't bother me. But it can be tied into what I've been noticing. Here's what I've noticed. In interviews, all I hear is "now everyone knows how talented I am" and "I'll keep proving to everyone that I'm not the guy I was at my prior school". I see defenders going for knockout hits and missing EVERY game to try to help their draft stock. Considering that there's serious issues with special teams and defense, this is not good.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 5:33 PM #380865

Who are you talking about? Lane hardly lets anyone talk to the media, who is giving these interviews?
Back to the top

I'm not going to name names. I'm just saying that I share the same worry some others do. This isn't as much of a "Team" as last year. We need to have the hunger to win no matter what, and put aside individual goals.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'm not going to name names. I'm just saying that I share the same worry some others do. This isn't as much of a "Team" as last year. We need to have the hunger to win no matter what, and put aside individual goals.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 8:25 PM #380879

I've seen indications of this as well – not first hand knowledge, but some things are out there. I also sense some may be - to a degree - disgruntled with their role. All teams have issues like that here and there – but this is a different year and dynamics can change.

Back to the top

The epitome of growing pains.  Honestly, several years of less than mediocre followed by an "all-time" kind of season led to the media telling players (and coaches) how good they are.  Then several key coaching changes (both coordinaters and what is turning out to be a very important O-line coach), confidence obliterated in the first game, and you have where FAU is at.

This team has the talent and depth to be better than last year.  They have yet to show it against an absolute top-notch squad in OU, ateam that is hard to look good against in AF, and a performance where the 2nd and 3rds just didn't do what they were supposed to do against an FCS opponent.

Good news - a good showing against UCF means the Owls are probably right where most people projected them to be.  This team still has the opportunity to be as good as we all realistically hope.
Back to the top

The key figure in the most famous play of week three in college football, North Texas redshirt sophomore PR Keegan Brewer has been named the Conference USA Special Teams Player of the Week for his fake-fair catch, turned 90-yard return in the 44-17 win at Arkansas.

The Defensive Player of the Week award was given to North Texas senior CB Nate Brooks, who had a pair of first half interceptions that led to touchdowns in the win over the Razorbacks.

The Offensive Player of the Week honor went to Mean Green junior QB Mason Fine, who threw for 281 yards with one passing touchdown and one rushing TD.
Back to the top

WOW, FINE O PLAYER OF WEEK WITH THOSE NUMBERS - THEIR D AND SPEASIAL TEAMS OUTSCORED ARKY!

And WHAT would have happened if an Arky player had leveled the returner instead of quitting - penalty and ejection IMHO! It worked and took some marbles for the returner to risk that, he could Justas easily ended up in a hospital!
Back to the top

Here's a great article about that return.

North Texas’ FAKE FAIR CATCH trick play, explained by the coach - SBNation.com

A good read - a lot of planning went into pulling it off.
Back to the top

I HAD READ THAT - STILL A GUTSY MOVE - AND DANGEROUS, COULD HAVE BEEN NAILED AND FUMBLED - SHOULD HAVE BEEN!
Back to the top

It was a great play.

I know some people on here hate trick plays but these are the kind of things I sorta hoped we would do with an "offensive genius" at head coach.

(Not that I'm unhappy with the offensive production last year… just sayin')
Back to the top
Control functions: