Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-13-18

Add topic

HALFTIME:

Middle Tennessee 14  FIU 13

The Blue Raiders see QB Brent Stockstill leave with a "lower body injury" but still manage to lead at the break. Per MTSU, he is "probable" for the second half.

Of note, Panther kicker Jose Borregales, who is a red-shirt sophomore, nails a pair of field goals from 44 and 53 yards.

Yes, 53 yards.
Back to the top

FINAL:

Louisiana Tech 31  UTSA 3
Back to the top

FINAL:

FIU 24  MTSU 21

DONE DEAL! The Blue Raiders FALL to the Panthers, keeping FAU's division hopes ALIVE. November 3rd will mark Shula Bowl 17! #GoOwls 👌😎👌
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

FIU 24  MTSU 21

DONE DEAL! The Blue Raiders FALL to the Panthers, keeping FAU's division hopes ALIVE. November 3rd will mark Shula Bowl 17! #GoOwls 👌😎👌
Posted On: Oct 13th 2018, 10:46 PM #381931

I feel dirty but happy.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Step one done, now someone else needs to beat that AND we have to win out!

But at least a 50% better chance of that happening now! And IF Stockstill is hurt again….
Back to the top

Outside of a confusingly bad performance against Coastal Carolina, UAB seems to be playing well.  I was surprised to see them beat LA Tech handily this weekend (28-7).  The Blazers play MTSU in the last game of the season in Birmingham, and I think they will beat the Blue Raiders even if Stockstill is back healthy.

So I think FAU ***can*** win the division again, but I also think we have to win out to do so.  Marshall, LA Tech, FIU, and North Texas still on the schedule means FAU has the toughest stretch left of any team in C-USA.  I expect the teams we have left to look like this when we tee it up against them:

Marshall 4-2
LA Tech 5-2
WKU 2-7
FIU 6-2 (only have 2 tough games left - us and Marshall)
UNT 8-2
Charlotte 3-8

That is 2 easy games, and 4 tough ones.
Back to the top

What happens if there is a three way tie (MTSU over FAU :Dizzy:, FAU over FIU **knock on wood** :cool:, FIU over MTSU :Loser:) assuming no other conference losses between the three? Or a two way tie through losses to teams not above?
Back to the top

Conference USA

Two teams: Head-to-head

Three or more teams:

1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
  2. If tied, head-to-head between tied teams.
  3. If still tied, highest winning percentage within division.
  4. If still tied, compare records against divisional opponents in descending order of finish.
  5. If still tied, compare records with common cross-divisional opponents.
  6. If still tied, compare records against cross-divisional opponents in descending order of finish.
  7. If still tied, team with highest (College Football Playoff) ranking.
  8. If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the championship game most recently.
Back to the top

9. Coin flip
Back to the top

Marshall redshirt sophomore RB Tyler King and UAB senior WR Xavier Ubosi share the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week honors for their outstanding performances in road wins last Saturday.

King ran for 195 yards and two touchdowns in a win at Old Dominion, while Ubosi caught four passes for 196 yards and two scores, including a school-record-tying 95-yarder, in a win at Rice.

The Defensive Player of the Week award went to Charlotte senior LB Juwan Foggie, who had two interceptions that set up touchdowns and eight tackles in a win over WKU.

The Special Teams Player of the Week honor went to FIU sophomore K Jose Borregales, who had three field goals of 40 yards or longer, including a school-record 53-yarder in a 24-21 victory against Middle Tennessee
Back to the top
Control functions: