Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 C-USA Bowl Games Schedule & Discussion

Add topic

I'm a little surprised by Rice's record this year. Considering we almost beat them with a QB on his first start…
Back to the top

LIBERTY BOWL

FINAL:

Rice 7  Miss. State 44

The Owls struck first, but that was the only highlight they had in this one this one, as the Bulldogs defense held the Rice to a paltry 145 total yards.

MSU completed their fourth straight winning season with the win, which saw WR Jameon Lewis haul in 220 yards off just nine catches, setting a program single game and Liberty Bowl record in the process.

Back to the top

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL

FINAL:

ULNV 14  North Texas 36

North Texas senior quarterback and Derrick Thompson closed his career as a starter by throwing for 256 yards and two touchdowns to win the Heart of Dallas Bowl MVP. Wide receiver Brelan Chancellor added two rushing touchdowns.

The Mean Green improved to 3-5 all-time in bowls.
Back to the top

Congrats to NT and , to me, Rice did not belong in a bowl game, we LITERALLY gave that game away in the final 3 minutes, our D DOMINATED THAT GAME (up 14-6 and WITH the ball up to that point!)! But as pointed out before, they won more of their games than we did and "earned" that bowl slot.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Congrats to NT and , to me, Rice did not belong in a bowl game, we LITERALLY gave that game away in the final 3 minutes, our D DOMINATED THAT GAME (up 14-6 and WITH the ball up to that point!)! But as pointed out before, they won more of their games than we did and "earned" that bowl slot.
Posted On: Jan 1st 2014, 8:35 PM #325527

They won more games and we LOST to them…they deserved their bowl game.  Had we won and were passed to take Rice…
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jan 1st 2014, 8:35 PM #325527
We'll it just makes it more embarrassing that we lost to them.
Back to the top
Control functions: