Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 SBC Baseball Tournament Discussion Thread

Add topic

Re: SBC Tournament Discussion Thread

2010 SBC Baseball Tournament Discussion Thread

MaXx said

I visited your baseball stadium for the first time this year and love the berm idea, something I wish we would copy.

Thanks MaXx. I think it's a cool idea too - we're expanding our stadium seating so hopefully they won't get rid of all of it. I believe the east side will remain intact.

Good luck tomorrow.
Back to the top

It is nice to be on the winning end of this rivalry for once.FAU owns us in every other mens sport, it is nice to end your season for a change.  I would've reluctantly been rooting for the Owls against ASU/Troy, as having a 6th or 7th seeded team win the tourney would've knocked one of the Sun Belt's regional bubble teams, like FIU, out of the mix.
I like FAU's ballpark. There was an Owl fan on our boards before last weekend's series apologizing for your park.  When I went last Saturday I thought it was nice.  Like MaXx said, the berms add a family atmosphere to it that all ballparks should have.
Whoever it is knocking FIU, saying it's not a real school, FAU isn't exactly the Ivy League of the south.  Both are 4th tier schools with some prominent programs. Glass houses, buddy.
See you in football season.
Back to the top

Final Box:

Link to full size
Back to the top

I just got home and found out about the score.
THis is disheartening and I knew this was gonna happen.
FIU got hotter in the right time and I guess FAU got comfortable with the championship title.
The panthers have a good team! you have to give them the credit.
I hope we get invited to a regional, but I know FAU won't last.
GO OWLS and congrats for this exceptional season.
Back to the top

I've been stuck doing the family thing all weekend…I was only able to peek-in to check the score once in a while  :P

It's been the same story for the past couple of weeks…could never hold a lead & when I heard Mee gave up the three run blast to relinquish the lead in the 9th  :'(  It just wasn't meant to be.  The guy has been dependable & the go to guy all year, got to feel for him.

It's always tough to win both the regular season & Tourny championship…the boys made a nice run thought.
Back to the top
Control functions: