Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Sun Belt Baseball Tournament

Add topic

Re: 2010 Sun Belt Baseball Tournament

2010 Sun Belt Baseball Tournament

Troy scored three in the 8th to tie the game up at 5 & then scored the winning run in the bot of the 9th on a home run to eliminate the Raiders.

That means the #2 & #3 seed are done & out.
Back to the top

And then there were four…..

FAU (2-0)
FIU (2-1)
Arkansas State (2-0)
Troy (2-1)

Obviously we need to take care of our business and beat FIU. But we should also hope Troy takes out Arkansas State. That would force a rematch of that exact game. Then the winner (with 1 loss each) would play us for the ship. We would only have to win ONCE for the title.
Back to the top

Anyone have a time estimate for our game? I'm stuck at work till 9 and need something to keep me entertained

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Anyone have a time estimate for our game? I'm stuck at work till 9 and need something to keep me entertained

I figured it woulds start about an hour later then usual, but the rain looks to foul things up…. :P
Back to the top

Here are some scenarios of how things can play out today.

The Owls can win the Sun Belt crown on Saturday if Arkansas State defeats Troy and FAU defeats FIU.  FAU would then need to take care of the Red Wolves in the third and final game of the day.

If Troy beats Arkansas States, then they would play a second game following the FAU-FIU game, moving the championship game to Sunday.

Back to the top

Francois said

The Owls can win the Sun Belt crown on Saturday if Arkansas State defeats Troy and FAU defeats FIU.  FAU would then need to take care of the Red Wolves in the third and final game of the day.

If Troy beats Arkansas States, then they would play a second game following the FAU-FIU game, moving the championship game to Sunday.

I think we would have to beat Arky St two times if ASU beats Troy.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Francois said

I think we would have to beat Arky St two times if ASU beats Troy.

Yes, if ASU wins their game this morning, they are in the championship game. They have to be beaten twice by either us or FIU.

We need to beat FIU then beat ASU twice to win the championship.

If Troy wins, ASU is in the same situation as us.  They have a rematch.  Then everyone has ONE loss.  Championship game (Sunday now in this scenario because ASU/Troy can NOT play 3 times in one day) will be winner-take-all in one game.
Back to the top

Troy takes an early lead off a homer in the top of the 1st.  Troy 1-0.
Back to the top

After 2 innings - Troy 1-0.
Back to the top

The Red Wolves have the bases loaded with no outs in the Bot. of the 3rd.
Back to the top
Control functions: