Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Baseball Team?

Add topic

So what are the thoughts on this years squad.  Anyone been able to see any of the fall practices or any of the scrimmages.  

Looks like pitching is expected to be the strength this year.  Lots of holes to be filled especially in the infield this year.  Any insight on some of these replacements?  

Appears to be a potentially decent strength of schedule this year so if we can produce a resemblance of recent offensive production from some of the juco transfers, and the pitching lives up to expectations I can see this team quietly making a run this year.  

Just a lot of unknowns coming into the season this year, was hoping mlb or someone has been able to get over and see some preseason prep and provide some insight.  
Back to the top

I have no exact details. I had lunch with a person "in the know" and he said they have made all the needed replacements to be solid again. Coach Mac has such a great relationship with the Florida Juco coaches that it is wholesale house for FAU players. I heard the bats will be even better than last season. But, it is baseball. You never know. Can''t wait.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I have no exact details. I had lunch with a person "in the know" and he said they have made all the needed replacements to be solid again. Coach Mac has such a great relationship with the Florida Juco coaches that it is wholesale house for FAU players. I heard the bats will be even better than last season. But, it is baseball. You never know. Can''t wait.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2018, 5:50 PM #376859

Good to hear.  Hope it plays out to be true.  Usm and Rice always grab all the cusa preseason hype.  We need to keep finishing at the top and finally might start  getting some respect as another cusa program to look out for every year.  Man i wish we could get some money to invest in facilities for this program.  Can't wait for season to start.  We actually enjoy Fau baseball  as much as we do football.  
Back to the top

C-USA baseball  is very competitive. Rice, So Miss, FAU, FIU,Char, MTSU, they all seem to field really good teams. The team with the advantage is usually the team the loses the least player in the MLB draft the year before. We lost a couple of guys that chose to go but ,imho, would have been better off sticking around another season. But getting drafted is their dream. Starts in a couple of weeks. Buy season tickets. Games are almost free.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

C-USA baseball  is very competitive. Rice, So Miss, FAU, FIU,Char, MTSU, they all seem to field really good teams. The team with the advantage is usually the team the loses the least player in the MLB draft the year before. We lost a couple of guys that chose to go but ,imho, would have been better off sticking around another season. But getting drafted is their dream. Starts in a couple of weeks. Buy season tickets. Games are almost free.
Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 1:28 PM #376891

Oh yeah I know the deal.  Played D1 baseball (Not at Fau) did the draft deal, Saw reality, went back to school (FAU) graduated and now I'm sitting on my boat responding to a message board while im fishing off a deserted island in the 10,000 islands so it worked out lol. The mlb draft ain't what it seems for the majority. Lol.   

I agree with you Local, There's at least 2 to 3 that would have faired better if they stayed for this or didn't transfer.  

Anywho, yeah I like to bring the fam over to the east coast for baseball weekends.  Highly encourage others to do as well. This is the most consistent FAU athletic program as well as Softball.   
Back to the top

You're living my dream my friend. Love that area. Way less mosquitoes down there this time of year. I'm cooking for a bunch of people that in six hours or so, won't leave fast enough. Haha. Baseball is around the corner, but I am keeping my eye on football signing day.  Love this time of year.
Back to the top

I'm mixed on this year's team…we should be good, but just how good is still TBD.

I think we will have some work to do on the mound with a couple new guys who are unproven…

From on offensive perspective we should continue to excel.

Back to the top

I missed one of the fall intrasquads, but made all the others in both the fall and spring. In short, our second team would have a winning season.

The pitching is everything you've heard about and more. Our mid-week starters would easily be weekend starters just about anywhere else. These guys are absolutely pounding the strike zone at a rate I've never in my life seen before from an entire squad at any level of baseball, nothing ever even close. My only concern about the pitching is getting the guys in the pen some work.

The holes for position players to replace last year's starters that graduated have been very nicely filled. Even the battle for DH has been great to watch. Most of our starting IF and OF are not draft eligible, but I expect all of them that are eligible to be drafted. Some that are not yet eligible are already showing up on lists for next year's draft.

I used to be able to say I've never predicted a 40-win regular season. I can't say that anymore.
Back to the top

All I've heard is what you just said. But I've been saying ""it's baseball, lets wait and see". I spoke with a couple players at Laspadas and I have never seen so much confidence.  Coach Mac. Best in the biz.
Back to the top
Control functions: