Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Baseball Schedule

Add topic

YIKESSSSSSS

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

+1. Fau baseball  needs a shot in the arm. Not looking good right now.
Back to the top

2-27 FINAL:

FAU 8  North Florida 9

For the second straight day, the Florida Atlantic University baseball team fell behind early to North Florida. On Wednesday, a furious comeback gave the Owls a late lead, but UNF scored three runs in the eighth and held FAU off in the ninth, 9-8, in the series finale.

“A disappointing end to a hard-fought game", said Head Coach John McCormack. "Again, some real good things happened, but we still can’t get out of innings. We give up a five-spot and three-spot in two innings; we have to learn to minimize the damage.”

The Ospreys (7-3) scored first, in the second, but Eric Rivera immediately got that back with his second home run of the year in the third to tie it at 1-1.

A five-run UNF fifth then pushed the lead back out to 6-1, but FAU (3-6) clawed all the way back in the seventh. Diamond Johnson led off with a double, and moved to third on a one-out Gunnar Lambert single.

A walk loaded the bases, but a flyout put the Owls down to their final chance in the frame. They would capitalize: Joe Montes forced in a run as he was hit by a pitch; Wilfredo Alvarez did the same on a walk; a Francisco Urbaez single scored one; and a Jared DeSantolo flare two more to tie it at 6-6. Johnson got his second hit of the inning, a single up the middle, to give the Owls the lead.

UNF loaded the bases in the seventh, but were turned away. That pattern wouldn’t hold true in the eighth, as three Osprey runs scored with two outs to push the home team back out ahead, 9-7.

With one out in the Owl ninth, Urbaez mashed a homer to left to draw the team within one, but two straight strikeouts closed out the one-run game.

The Owls will next host Monmouth for a three game set beginning Friday at 6:30 PM.

- FAU baseball SID Jonathan Fraysure

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

3-8 FINAL:

App State 6  FAU 3

The Mountaineers jump out to a 6-0 4th inning lead aided by a three-run homer in the top half of the stanza, and the Owls can't catch up thereafter.

FAU saw 13 strikeouts at the plate, compared to the eight their staff issued on the night.

Second baseman Francisco Urbaez went 2-for-4 with 2 RBI (HR) to pace the Florida Atlantic offense.

Back to the top

3/12 FINAL:

FAU 7  Quinnipiac 0

Owls win their fourth straight, allowing them to (finally) hit double digit wins. This could be a good time for the team to hit their form, as we enter C-USA play this weekend.

Back to the top

A four-run second inning by the Owl bats and 6 1/3 innings of one-run relief gave the Florida Atlantic University baseball team a 7-4 win and two-game sweep of Quinnipiac, on Wednesday night. With Rice on the horizon this weekend to open up the Conference USA schedule, the Owls have won eight of their last nine games..

The Bobcats (4-7) held a 2-1 leading through an inning and a half, but it didn’t take long for the Owls (11-7) to tie, and then take a lead they wouldn’t relinquish. Joe Montes walked to lead off the home second, and came in on a Bobby Morgensen double to right-center. Diamond Johnson’s bunt single forced a bad throw as well, with Morgensen scoring, and Nicholas Toney delivered his first college hit and RBI to plate Johnson. With two outs, a Mitchell Hartigan triple made it a 5-2 Owl advantage.

Though Quinnipiac scored once in both the third and fourth, that was all they’d get for the remainder of the game. Nursing the one-run lead, FAU added two two-out runs in the eighth, on another extra-base hit by Hartigan, a double bringing both Richie Nizza and Eric Rivera in. Zach Schneider got two out before two reached in the ninth, and was aided by a diving catch in center by Johnson to seal it.
- FAU Baseball SID Jonathan Fraysure

Back to the top

Tonight's road match up at FGCU has been canceled due to rain, with a possible make-up date still to be decided. The  Owls next hit the road for a C-USA series at UAB which is scheduled to begin Friday.
Back to the top

4/3 FINAL:

FAU 6  Miami 4

The Owls avoid the sweep by the Hurricanes with an impressive comeback victory in Coral Gables! This win, paired with a solid performance this weekend in Charlotte, and we could see the Owls crack the top-25 again.

“A good win tonight down in Miami, I am very proud of the way the guys played", said Head Coach John McCormack. "They kept grinding and made the plays. The difference was the five runs we scored in the fifth inning. After Sunday’s 15-inning game, we had to use eight pitchers tonight and they did a good job. Nice win by the Owls.”

Back to the top

Big win tonight. Coach mac is pulling the right strings on the mound. Getting a lot of kids much needed experience. Go owls.
Back to the top

Its amazing what Coach Mac and his staff does year in and year out with the program. For years they have been the consistent winning program on campus. They also do it with year after year with facility in a major need of a upgrade. hopefully once the new athletic center is completed, baseball can gets its upgrade.
Back to the top
Control functions: