Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 10,Rutgers 6 (F)

Add topic

FAU 10,Rutgers 6 (F)

FAU went to 13-5 on the year with the win over Rutgers. Best of all FAU actaully had a good night swinging the bats! :) Mike McBryde was 3 for 4 with an RBI and 2 Steals to lead the way. Robert Yodice made the most of a rare start and hit a 3run Homer to blow the game wide open for FAU. Brandon Kloess got he win to send FAU off to Campbell this weekend on a high note!
Back to the top

FAU 10,Rutgers 6 (F)

Sweeping the Camels would be a beautiful thing for the Owls to come home the following weekend to host the Hatters. However, I believe Campbell is a dangerous club and can't be taken lightly. The Camels may be 0-3 in conference play, but that sweep was against UCF. Campbell is a formidable opponent with 3 players hitting over .400 (Priest .478, Holt .419 and Phillips .412). Those three combine for 14 HR and 56 RBI. The team batting avg. is .331 and they have a 10-1 home record. All the above should be enough to get ones attention. I believe this series will come down to pitching, where I give FAU the edge. If our starters are on their respective games and don't make stupid mistakes, we will prevail. I still contend that Storey needs to be in the starting rotation. His talent and ability to dominate the batter is too great to relegate him to the closer role exclusively. Perhaps this will be the series to make that move.
Go Owls!
Back to the top

FAU 10,Rutgers 6 (F)

Yeah, I'm surprised with Campbell this year. Being unpredictable is better than what they're used to (losing all the time). They split with NC State with a blowout win and a two-run loss, yet they got tagged for 12 runs against DII North Florida (albeit a great baseball school) and lost 18-0 to UCF in a 7-inning twinbill game. This should be a very interesting weekend.
Back to the top
Control functions: