Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Amidst Discussions on a Study for a New Baseball Stadium

Add topic

According to FAU Facilities "Minor Projects Status Report", there are discussions underway for a study on building a BRAND NEW baseball stadium and making renovations to The Burrow.

It is important to remember that this is just DISCUSSIONS ABOUT a STUDY, but this is the most movement we have seen regarding upgraded facilities for both basketball programs and the baseball program.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Even with Coach K here and a good football program - WE HAVE TO UPGRADE OTHER SPORTS FACILITIES TO BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT ROUND OF CONFERENCE CHANGES - EVEN JUST UP TO THE AAC!
Back to the top

Good news and all but at this point upgrading the burrow feels like lipstick on a pig.  We need a new arena.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Good news and all but at this point upgrading the burrow feels like lipstick on a pig.  We need a new arena.
Posted On: May 16th 2018, 3:04 PM #378349

It was lip stick on a pig when we dumped $14 million or whatever it was nearly 10 years ago.

We are long overdue for a new arena.  Make it small and intamate.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Make it small and intamate.
Posted On: May 16th 2018, 4:41 PM #378350

Are we building a prison cell or a basketball arena??

:Love:

Back to the top

walty12 said

owlmart said

Posted On: May 16th 2018, 3:04 PM #378349

It was lip stick on a pig when we dumped $14 million or whatever it was nearly 10 years ago.

We are long overdue for a new arena.  Make it small and intamate.

It was lipstick on a pig but most or all of the funds came from insurance due to what ever hurricane damaged it. I don't know if the funds could have been used differently.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

Posted On: May 16th 2018, 4:45 PM #378351

Dont need more than 2k seats IMO.  

We could use all of the bricks thrown up by the team the last 3-4 years to build it….

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

walty12 said

Posted On: May 16th 2018, 4:45 PM #378351

Dont need more than 2k seats IMO.  

We could use all of the bricks thrown up by the team the last 3-4 years to build it….
Posted On: May 16th 2018, 4:56 PM #378353

Ok that was funny.

We really do need an actual arena, nothing big but upgrading this one is a waste of money.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

In my 58 years of life experience, I've discovered that renovating is OK as long as the outcome is exactly what you want. If it isn't exactly what you want , you won't be happy and you just wasted a lot of time , money, and effort. I guess that is why they are doing the study. Finding out which route is best. Walty , the brick post is priceless.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

In my 58 years of life experience, I've discovered that renovating is OK as long as the outcome is exactly what you want. If it isn't exactly what you want , you won't be happy and you just wasted a lot of time , money, and effort. I guess that is why they are doing the study. Finding out which route is best. Walty , the brick post is priceless.
Posted On: May 16th 2018, 7:43 PM #378356

I just do not see the burrow as a dump.

It's a good foundation for what we need as an arena.  I feel like they are doing more than talking about adding a good paint job if it's added concessions, new scoreboards, fully renovated locker rooms will take it to what it needs to be.
Back to the top
Control functions: