Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU and the 2012 MLB Draft

Add topic

Re: FAU and the 2012 MLB Draft

FAU and the 2012 MLB Draft

Here's the final breakdown for the League…everything considered, the Owls did well…Alvarez was the highest pick overall:

Arkansas State – 3 (Faulkner, Farley, Lee)
Florida Atlantic – 3 (Alvarez, Garton, Newton)
FIU – 3 (Henry, Martinez, McVay)
Louisiana-Monroe – 3 (Rapp, Sy, Zeigler)
Louisiana-Lafayette – 1 (Harrison)
Middle Tennessee – 1 (Adkins)
Back to the top

Nice piece out on Garton today from TampaBayOnline.com:

"I knew I just had to keep my head up," Garton said. "It was the longest three days of my life, but when I finally did get the call, I flipped out."

Baseball dream comes true
Back to the top

Congrats to all three, great season and go get it in MLB! Represent FAU well guys!
Back to the top

Alex Hudak has signed a free agent contract to play in the Kansas City Royals organization.

Congrats Alex!
Back to the top

RJ's stats after a couple of weeks….4 innings pitched, one hit, no runs, no walks, 4 strike outs. Very nice start.
Back to the top

RJ Alvarez .... 5 games, 6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 0 E.R., 1 walk, 9 strike outs.
Back to the top

Local said

RJ Alvarez …. 5 games, 6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 0 E.R., 1 walk, 9 strike outs.

Off the chain!

He could be CALLED UP if he keeps this going…….
Back to the top

Mike Albaladejo has signed a free agent contract to play in the Washington Nationals organization.

“I kept faith and prayed that this day would come,” said Albaladejo.  “I’m thankful for Coach McCormack and all of the coaches for working hard in getting me this opportunity.  I’m ready to prove myself once again at a higher level of baseball.”

Congrats Mike!
Back to the top

Rick said

Local said

RJ Alvarez …. 5 games, 6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 0 E.R., 1 walk, 9 strike outs.

Off the chain!

He could be CALLED UP if he keeps this going…….

Dale Long reports that R.J. Alvarez has been named one of the Los Angeles Angels’ top 10 minor league prospects for the upcoming 2013 season by Baseball America.
Back to the top
Control functions: