Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

Add topic

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

With all the injuries and other problems FAU's baseball team has faced, the fact that they have managed a .500 season is a testament to their hard work and determination. If we can make it to the conference tournament I'd consider that a nice achievement for this year. The last time we missed the NCAA tournament was 2001 and we had a lot more talent then than we do now, so you really have to give these guys credit for hanging in there and not giving up. Going 1-8 against the top 3 teams in the ASUN(Jack,merc,UNF) could have led to them giving up on the year and they clearly havent done that. Lets hope they can make a good showing in Deland to keep our conference tournament hopes alive!
Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

Back to the top

FIU 13, FAU 10 (Final)

illinoisowl said

first of all you must have meant 05-06

To answer your question, I don't think it was:

The women's basketball team won the A-sun and went to the tourney, The women's volleyball team won the Asun championship. The Swim team won the Sunbelt championship. The women's soccer team won the Asun championship. The track team finished 2nd in the conference. The softball team is 2nd seed in the Asun tourney coming up. The Men's basketball team had their best win/loss record yet. New track for track team. As much as has been said about a stadium, what ever type it may be, there will be something. There has to be, as much as Brogan, Angelos and Schnelly have been talking about it. These people have their credibility on the line. Otherwise they owe everyone a HUGE apology and an explaination. I know they would dread doing something like that. There has been too much talk. And there is a video on the sports pages of the FAU web site with everyone appearing on it for the whole world to see. I think something will be announced soon.

You mentioned Doherty leaving as something bad happening. You forgot to mention hiring him and having him as a coach for a season and all the publicity and attention FAU got in that same year. Not to mention attendance doubling at the home games.

If anyone else has any to add, please do.

I need to change one thing. Softball, ASun champs going to NCAA tourney.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: