Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU vs #1 Florida - Feb 20, 2018

Add topic

Really would've liked to get 2 runs in there, especially with Frank on deck.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Odd that Poore is back to only being a pitcher - thought he really performed as a hitter last year. Maybe an rj Alvarez role going forward? (Obviously to a lesser degree)

Also, so fun to watch us compete with uf, who looks to have by far the best team this year. Only sport where it really feels like we can win against anyone. Coach M really knows what he is doing. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Only sport where it really feels like we can win against anyone.

Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 7:41 PM #377315

I'm not sure how I feel about that. As long as the Men's Basketball team continues to lead the nation in Delph, I like their chances. Especially against NBA teams, because Coach Curry is from the NBA.

Back to the top

Nothing doing for the gators in the bottom half of the frame as Poore settles in.

Top 6th  FAU 1  UF 4
Back to the top

FAU posts back-to-back singles but leave both runners on the basepath as we head to the bottom of the 6th.

Blake Sanderson takes over for Jordan Poore (1.2IP, 1H, 0R, 1BB, 1K) on the mound.

Owls 1 Gators 4
Back to the top

A play at the plate staves off another UF run, and the Owls keep it within striking distance as we head to the 7th inning.

FAU 1  UF 4
Back to the top

I feel like this game is properly getting me prepared for the disappointment the Rays are about to dish out to me this season.

Back to the top

The Owls strand ANOTHER pair of runners in the top of the 7th inning.

Stretch time in Gainesville.

Weston Clemente takes to the rubber for Sanderson (1IP, 0H, 0R, 1BB, 0K).

FAU 1  UF 4
Back to the top

One out is all that is required from Clemente, and the Owls are now on their 6th pitcher in Mark Nowatnick.
Back to the top

Baker and the rest UF sure do love to run their mouth. Not much else to do in Alachua County I suppose. The crew chief just gave the UF dugout some sort of warning because of it.

Back to the top
Control functions: