Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

mickey ball

Add topic

mickey ball

storey pitched a gem today. eight innings of shutout ball. one walk and nine hits.

the offense was nowhere to be seen today.

owls 1
uconn 0
Back to the top

mickey ball

2nd game is going about the same. Minimal offense by both teams.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

mickey ball

Does KC know what he's doing? If so, he sure is disguising it. Here's my gripe list:
  1. Mickey did a great job in the first game despite the lack of offense. It was sure nice to see us play an entire game without an error (I believe the first time this young season), thanks to Ramirez sitting out.
  2. Game 2 + Ramirez= 2 errors, one leading to UConn's first score. 11 games=9 errors. My suggestion: Ramirez permanent DH. Cook (who didn't hurt us in game 1), Block or Stevens (who finished strong last year) to 3b. Leaving Cook, Stevens or Arrata at 2nd.
  3. KC is consistantly inconsistant. Case in point: Game 2, bottom of 7th with a man on 1st, he pinch hits Shapland (a switch hitter) for Albanno (a lefty and our leading rbi guy) against a lefty, which is by the book. Switch to the bottom of the 8th where Mascia (a lefty) leads off with a ground out to 1st unassisted. Then pinch hits McBryde (a righty) for Hafer (a switch hitter). Why wouldn't KC pinch hit McBryde for Mascia to set up the possibility of McBryde, with his speed, getting on base to set the table for Hafer, who has shown power, to tie the game up with a 2 run dinger? Wouldn't that be by the book?
  4. Give Widlansky & McBryde a chance to heal completely. What's the rush? Why jeopordize their season. It's not like there isn't talent to work with. It's knowing how and when to use it.
  5. Stop messing with Sunday start times. It's killing already meager attendance and reeks havoc on fans schedules and desire to be at games, but are unable to due to conflicting obligations, namely church attendance.
Does anybody else share these observations or concerns?
Back to the top

mickey ball

UCONN took the series 2 games to 1. What happened to the 18th ranked FAU Owls?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

mickey ball

I'm no baseball expert, but I seem to think that scoring two runs in a three-game series against UConn isn't very good….especially when one of them comes from a J-Mart home run. I see some poles in the future for some FAU student-athletes this week. GET IT TOGETHER YOU PUNK ASSES!!
Back to the top

mickey ball

What a debacle. Losing to a team playing their first series of the season 2-1 and being out hit 26-15 and out scored 11-2, KC has to be concerned at this point. Where most southern teams have established their starters after 12 games, KC is still searching. He finally spared us the error prone play of Ramirez by making him DH, but he's still struggling to find the combination that will deliver consistantly. In the meantime his indecision and waffling has to negatively impact the players he's jerking around. Loyalty breeds loyalty. Disloyalty breeds contempt.
Back to the top

mickey ball

This weekend was the lowest moment I ever remember for FAU baseball-scoring only two runs in three games against UCONN is awful. Ive seen FAU get off to slow starts such as the 6-6 we are now before, but those times we were with much younger and didnt have the returning players we do now so this feels like the worst start. Hopefully next weekend things will get better-as strange as it sounds struggling teams usually do turn it around ont he road without the pressure of their home fans.
Our only consolation is Stetson has also forgotten how to hit (much like us) and have started 5-6 so the competition isnt doing much better. However Mercer and Jacksonville seem to be playing much better and if FAU and Stetson dont watch out one of us may not win the ASUN after all.
Lets not give up yet-weve still got a long season to turn this around! Go Owls!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: