Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Coach, Same Old Money

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpo…5/03/30/a3c_fau_0330.html

Looks like they will need some donations to get a decent coach, hopefully palm trees will help in coach recruiting.
Back to the top

Angelos is definitely reading these threads. He took my idea and fired Sidney before the final four and is interviewing canidaites over lap dances with brogan at some skin joint in downtown st. loius.
Hey Angelos, that's my ticket….. email me my intenary at [email protected]. I know more coaches in the Northeast that can do better in recruiting and coaching then any Lynn yuppie can ever imagine. I'm backing UCONN's assistant, great recruiter and comes from a solid mentor in Jim Callhoun. There winners. Or take a shot with Matt Doherty. Both would be great pickups.

blog form pbpost:
"FAU has not brought in any candidates but is planning to conduct interviews in St. Louis this weekend when most coaches attend the Final Four and the National Association of Basketball Coaches convention, Angelos said.

The goal is to have a coach hired by April 8, Angelos said."

Back to the top

Were mentioned twice, syracuse assistant and cincy assistant. Read it you lazy cheerleaders.

We also think Strohm has a great shot at getting the Eastern Illinois job and we're hearing that Louisville assistant coach Kevin Willard can get the Eastern Kentucky job. However, it appears that Willard doesn't want it. We're also hearing Maryland assistant coach Dave Dickerson and LSU assistant coach Butch Pierre, both of whom are ranked among the top 15 assistant coaches in the nation and are ready for head coaching positions, being mentioned for Tulane. However, in this case, we'd have to go with Pierre, because he's second to none as a recruiter and knows where all the top young players are Louisiana. We also find it interesting that St. Mary's head coach Randy Bennett as the leading candidate for the Fresno State job, it looks like Seton hall assistant coach Brian Nash will get the St. Francis-NY job, and Arizona assistant coach Rodney Tention may have the inside track for the Loyola-Marymount job. It also appears that Syracuse assistant coach Mike Hopkins is the leading candidate for Siena, Syracuse assistant coach Bernie Fine has interviewed for Florida Atlantic, and Richmond assistant coach Gary Decesare, Boston College assistant Bill Coen, and Providence assistant coach Steve DeMeo are all in the hunt for Stony Brook. And don't be surprised if Cincinnati assistant coach Andy Kennedy moves onto Louisiana-Monroe and Northeastern head coach Ronnie Everhart get the Tulane job. The Athletic Director at Louisiana-Monroe knows Kennedy from their days together at UAB and Everhart helped build the Tulane program during the Perry Clark era. Michigan assistant coach Charles Ramsey and Michigan State assistant coach Mark Montgomery are the two finalists for Eastern Michigan and Walsh College head coach Jeff Young appears to be in line for the Youngstown State job. Speaking of Walsh College, did you know that they recently won the NAIA National Championship, thanks at least partly to the fact Walsh assistant coach Jerrod Calhoun, who used to be the director of basketball operations at Cincinnati, brought 6'9 Robery Whaley with him when he transferred from Cincinnati a year ago. And this could be important, because Cincinnati assistant coach Frank Martin is being mentioned for the Florida Atlantic job, which means that Bearcats head coach Bobby Huggins could potentially lose his entire coaching staff this spring. So, if by some change this happens, it makes sense that he might want to hire somebody who is familiar with the program. To get the HOOP SCOOP's complete list of all of the job changes, click on Coaching Changes.
Back to the top

Interesting. I hear that an Air Force assistant is intrested in the FAU job. Just a rumor, though.
Back to the top

I'm interested in the job too but I don't think I have a shot. Air Force? Come on….. think bigger.
Back to the top

the assistant villanova coach has also been in the mix, Fred Hill Jr. He has brought in some great recruits in the last few years. he was actually passed up for the Marist Job last year and it shocked a lot of people.

Young and hardworking.
Back to the top

Sorry it took me a bit to get back. Life is hectic. Jdirico, sorry if I offended you with the Air Force rumor. But, if the salary amounts being tossed around on the board are correct, we're just not going to get the top prospects – and for more reasons than the salary alone. Unless Boca has changed a great deal of late, it is not a good location for a coach – even a great one with an established name – to line up supplementary deals for money (TV shows, shoe deals, commercial endorsements, etc.) I agree that it would be nice to have the best of the best (or even an assistant of the best). I hope the optimists among you are right….but I fear that money talks, and its voice may be louder than opportunity….
Back to the top

I have to agree with you grayowl. This program is years away from getting a top candidate. At the expected pay scale and limited perk opps this program will be considered a stepping stone for an up and comer, assuming he can turn out a few winning seasons and a conference championship or two.
Back to the top
Control functions: