New Rules for 2019
- Head coach can now signal to the ump to intentionally wak a batter without throwing the pitches.
- Allow only 6 defensive conferences per regulation game, of which only 3 may involve a coach.
- If, during a defensive conference, any runners or the batter leave their position, the offenseive team will be charged an offensive conference.
- If a batter makes an intentional move to be hit by the pitcher, regardless of the location of the pitch, it will be called a strike.
- A defensive player may not block any portion of a base or plate unless they have the ball in their control.
- When the pitcher make a fake move toward 3B, and then spins to go to 1B, all the fans will now be correct when they yell, "Balk!"
- The time between innings increased to 120 seconds from 90 seconds (non-televised) or 108 seconds (televised). The clock starts immediately after the 3rd out of the preceding half-inning (was when last defensive player crossed the foul line leaving the field), and ends when the pitcher begins his motion to pitch to the 1st batter.
Another rule that missed the cut: anyone other than coaches that leave their position, dugout, or bullpen during altercations ejected and suspended for the next game.